Translate

Monday, May 25, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Opening Lines From Some of My Favorite Books

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
There are a lot of opening lines that really grab me, these are some of my favorites.



1) It is important, when killing a nun, to ensure that you bring an army of sufficient size. - Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
   

2) People often shit themselves when they die. - Nevernight by Jay Kristoff 
    

3) I'm going to die tomorrow morning. - The Young Elites by Marie Lu
    

4) She'd never killed before tonight. - Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
    

5) On the second Sabbat of Twelthmoon, in the city of Weep, a girl fell from the sky. - Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor.
   

6) Down a path worn into the woods, past a stream and a hollowed-out log full of pill bugs and termites, was a glass coffin. - The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
     
  
7) The young man aimed his crossbow at the water, ready to fire a bolt of solid iron at the first glimpse of flesh beneath the surface. -  Ice Massacre by Tiana Warner
   

8) With not quite enough gold in his pocket, Kit Sylvain trudged through the underbrush, trampling salal and fern under his hiking boots. - The Goblins of Bellwater by Molly Ringle
      

9) In the beginning, there was silence. - Song of Blood & Stone by L. Penelope
    

10) We were all villains in the beginning. - Renegades by Marissa Meyer

10 comments:

  1. These are all so intense, haha! Love the one from Renegades!

    My TTT: https://notprimadonna.blogspot.com/2020/05/top-ten-tuesday-why-i-love-historical.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I included Strange the Dreamer too. My boy pointed out the first line to The Young Elites when he read it in February and I have to agree that that one's great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one made me laugh!

    I enjoyed your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I'd liked Nevernight more because that first line was killer, but I just couldn't get through it!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/05/26/top-ten-tuesday-265/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that opening line from The Darkest Part of the Forest is attention grabbing!

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  6. That killing the nun one... That is too good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like quote six. I'll have to look into that book! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nevernight, The Young Elites, and The Darkest Part of the Forest are all some of my all time favorites!

    Check out my Pride Month TBR and my most recent set of Mini Reviews

    ReplyDelete