Translate

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Friday 50/50 | Blogger Hop || Cry of Metal & Bone (Earthsinger Chronicles #3) by L. Penelope || Favorite/Least Favorite Marvel Character

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


I love this series so much. The character relationships are always my favorite part of her books. Whether it's friendships, family or romantic, she writes the best relationships.


Synopsis:
   Six weeks after the fall of the Mantle, centuries-old enemies Elsira and Lagrimar struggle to unite. The will of the goddess is that the two nations become one, but while the war may be over, peace is still elusive. As desperate Lagrimari flee their barren land for a chance at a better life in Elsira, a dangerous faction opposed to the unification rises.
   When a shadowy group with ties to the Elsiran government takes responsibility for a fatal attack and promises more, an unlikely crew is assembled to investigate. Among them are Lizvette Nirall, a disgraced socialite seeking redemption for past mistakes, and Tai Summerhawk, a foreign smuggler determined to keep a promise he made to a dead man. Powerful Earthsinger Darvyn ol-Tahlyro is sent with a secret assignment, one that Queen Jasminda can’t know about. And in a prison far away, Kyara ul-Lagrimar searches for a way to escape her captors and save a family long thought dead.
   It’s a race against time in this world of deadly magic, secret agendas and court intrigue to discover those responsible for the bombing before the next attack. And in another land a new enemy awakens—one that will strike terror into the hearts of gods and men.




Book Beginning:
  "Blessing from the Goddess?" The little girl's voice wobbles with apprehension.


Friday 56:
  Darvyn looked troubled, and Lizvette couldn't blame him. It was an abominable practice.







*   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

This week's topic is Favorite/Least Favorite Marvel Character. I only know Marvel characters from the movies, so that's what I am basing this on.

Favorite
Rogue, I just really liked her arc in the X-men movies.

Least Favorite
Invisible Woman, I guess she was just always adapted poorly, but her powers are also kind of lame.


*   *   *   *   *


Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: How do you decide the order of reading your books? 

A: I am a mood reader. So when I finish a book I look at my unread books and grab one.

13 comments:

  1. Probably not for me, but the excerpts and the synopsis do grab me. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: ”BIG SUMMER”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie,
    I'm with Laurel, not for me. Although it all sounds mysterious.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would enjoy this book, so I'll give a try :)
    I also agree with you, I am a mood reader and so I always pick up what catches me eye.
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the third book, so make sure you read books 1 and 2 first.

      Delete
  4. The cover is really nice! I like the 50/50 prompt too! I may need to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely cover and a favorite series--that's the best kind of read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if this is for me but I hope you love it! :-) Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a blessing from the Goddess isn't necessarily a good thing?

    Right now I'm deciding the order of my reading based on what I'm finding on my shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting story, and I like the cover design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rogue was always one of my favorites as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rogue is one of my favorites too. Have a great weekend!

    Check out my Friday spotlight and my review of Shorefall

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been wanting to read L. Penelope's books. I am glad to hear you like the series!

    Rogue is a cool character. I like her too. I know of Invisible Man, and nothing about Invisible Woman. I guess it makes sense there'd be both.

    ReplyDelete