Translate

Monday, February 17, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: The Last Books That Gave Me a Book Hangover

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


So, I haven't really been reading that much lately. A couple of weeks ago I got Witcher 3 during the Steam Year of the Rat sale. (It was 15$) And I have been spending all my free time playing that instead.
Not many books put me in the good version of a slump... I had to add two books here that weren't 100% positive. I've read many books that are amazing this past year, but typically when I read a really good book I just want to keep reading other books that I hope are as amazing to keep that good book vibe going.


Blood Heir by Amélie Wen Zhao - It was so, so, good. I want more, and I want it now. 

Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor - I kind of wish there were more books written in this series. Or that there was a companion book or something. I can't really say much more because it would be spoilers for more than this book.

The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May - I read book one in 2014, and then for some reason waited until late last year to finish the series. Read books 2 and 3 back to back. Mistake. I was gutted several times reading these final books, even with the 5-year gap between the first and the final two. And even though the ending was everything, I wish I didn't have to leave those characters.

***

King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence - I'm currently reading the third book, and it's taking me a bit to get into it. I think it's because this book made me nervous for the ending of the trilogy. It also feels strange to root for a villainous character. I feel like I should feel worse about it, but I don't. Not sure what that says about me.

Shadow & Flame by Mindee Arnett - Unfortunately, this one put me in a hangover of sorts because I was so disappointed in it. It wasn't the sequel I wanted, and I was just bummed out trying to read it.

4 comments:

  1. You know a book or series is hitting you in the best way when you need a sequel that's not written yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get into The Witcher games. :D

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I kinda forgot about Elizabeth May, but I've been wanting to read some of her stuff. I still have the Falconer on my to read list!

    ReplyDelete