Translate

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Discoveries I Made In 2019

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

I could only think of five...


Revelations
1. I like GrimDark fantasy. I never would have thought I would like this sub-genre, but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I do like morally grey characters.

2. YA has lost some of its appeal for me. I still read YA, but I have started to enjoy more adult fantasy over YA-fantasy. Adult fantasy has less angst in it, and the angst that a lot of YA has, has started to annoy me. 


Authors
3. Jay Kristoff. I have heard of him, it's hard to be part of the bookish community and not have heard of him, but I had never read a book by him until this year when I binged the Nevernight trilogy. 

4. Mark Lawrence. Another author where I binged a series by this year (Book of the Ancestor). And I am currently reading another series by him (Broken Empire).

5. Kristin Jacques. Not a debut author. She actually has a few books/short stories under her belt. But her book Marrow Charm was one of the best books I read last year.

2 comments:

  1. I read my first Kristoff last year, too! And I am HOOKED. I will read everything that man writes. I actually had no idea what GrimDark was until last year, and when I found out I was like ... oh, well, yeah, that sounds like stuff I enjoy. xD

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found myself reading less YA in 2019 too. I still read some, but it seems to be fewer and far between. And I do like morally grey characters. I read my first Mark Lawrence book last year as well, and will definitely read more of his stuff.

    ReplyDelete