Translate

Monday, December 2, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Hope to Finish/Start in December

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And moved to That Artsy Reader Girl last year.
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


So, last week I didn't feel like blogging because, Holiday.
I'm a mood reader, however, Christmas-time always makes me want to read Harry Potter. I want to continue my re-read, I left off at Book 4 that's an easy enough place to start up again.
I've been a bit behind in my reading plans, these are some of the books I hope to finish this month. 
I don't have ten books, Game of Thrones is nearly 900 pages long, I might not even have time to read all these, I just want to.




A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - This one might be do-able. I'm about 30% done and I started it the day before Thanksgiving, if not for the holiday, I probably would have gotten more read.



The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke - I'm kind of close to finishing this one. But since Game of Thrones is a library book, and this is a book I own, I lowed it on the priority list.



Nameless Queen by Rebecca McLaughlin - This is another book that is a higher priority than owned books. I just got this one from NetGalley, and I'd like to get it finished this month before it comes out next month.



The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May - This one is kind of slow-moving because it's a sequel and I read the first book almost 5 years ago. I started it, so I want to get it finished soon.



Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling - As I said, I'd like to finish my re-read of this series. I wanted to do it last year, but that didn't work out. 







19 comments:

  1. My daughter has reread Harry Potter many times and urges me to do the same. I always mean to read Holiday books during the holidays and then don't do it. This year will be different. My Holiday book list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas is the best time to re-read them in my opinion. They've always had such a Christmasy feel to me.

      Delete
  2. How are you liking The Boneless Mercies so far? I enjoyed it but it is definitely more of a slow burn character study rather than the action packed epic adventure I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the synopsis and the cover say "Action paced adventure", I do like character driven books just as much as plot driven books. So I'm enjoying it, I just keep getting distracted by other books.

      Delete
  3. You're making me want to read Game of Thrones, too!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very digestible writing. I thought it was going to be more Tolkien-esk writing, the way a lot of High Fantasy is. I hope you give it a chance, and enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. I hope you enjoy your Harry Potter reread. I really need to reread that series, too, and the holidays are a great time to start.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy your re-read as well. Re-reading Harry Potter is fun, because you notice some of the foreshadowing.

      Delete
  5. There's a lot of pages here! I hope you get them all started and some finished.

    Here are some holiday reads I would like to read: My Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Vanishing Throne is really good. That series overall is really underrated. I finished it not too long ago and just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember loving the first book, it's just been a while since I read it, so it's been tough getting back into the world.

      Delete
  7. I feel like the ASOIF books actually read pretty quickly for the size...mostly because the chapters are so short that I keep telling myself "just one more" and then it's 3 AM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the way it goes when reading at night. heh, I accidently stayed up all night reading recently. Made my day rough.

      Delete
  8. Ooh good luck with the reading! Game of Thrones is sooo long! And I do want to read that May book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May's book caught my attention because of it's setting with Scottish mythology. I haven't heard of many books that focus on that.

      Delete
  9. The Game of Thrones books took me SO LONG to read! I hope you get to read these this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it get it finished this month too, it's a library borrow, and I don't want to check it out twice to finish it.

      Delete
  10. A Game of Thrones was SUCH a good read but a total commitment. I hope you finish it on time! And that you enjoy it when you've finished.

    ReplyDelete