Translate

Friday, November 22, 2019

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Friday 50/50 | Blogger Hop| Onyx & Ivory (Rime Chronicles #1) by Mindee Arnett || Book you read in a day/Book you DNFed

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Synopsis:
  They call her Traitor Kate. It’s a title Kate Brighton inherited from her father after he tried to assassinate the high king of Rime.
  Cast out of the nobility, Kate now works for the royal courier service. Only the most skilled ride for the Relay and only the fastest survive, for when night falls, the drakes—deadly flightless dragons—come out to hunt. Fortunately, Kate has a secret edge: She is a wilder, born with forbidden magic that allows her to influence the minds of animals.
  And it’s this magic that leads her to a caravan massacred by drakes in broad daylight—the only survivor Corwin Tormaine, the son of the king. Her first love, the boy she swore to forget after he condemned her father to death.
  With their paths once more entangled, Kate and Corwin must put the past behind them to face this new threat and an even darker menace stirring in the kingdom.




Book Beginning:
Out there, darkness meant death.


Friday 56:
Kate poked him in the chest -- it was like jamming her finger against solid rock. "I'm not fragile. And you of all people know how unlikely it is I would fail to come back."








*   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

This week's topic is a book I finished in one day and one I Didn't Finish. Most of the books I've read in one day are Contemporary Romance books. They are really easy reads compared to most fantasy books I read.

Finished in One Day
Wonderful Best-friends to lovers. Great characters, and it talks in a very healthy way about Mental health.

DNF'd
I got really bored, very early on with this book. I was happy to learn that I wasn't really in the minority for that.


*   *   *   *   *


Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link


Q: Excluding the Bible Name one book that makes you feel thankful and happy.

A: Is it cheating if I say Harry Potter? 

5 comments:

  1. Okay friends-to-lovers and it doesn't treat mental health badly? Sign me up!

    Thanks for linking up and I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cover and snippets, sounds like my kind of read! I added you to the linky. Happy American Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I though Gilded Wolves was supposed to be very good. I checked it out once and then didn't even crack it open. Ha! My Friday quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days I need to try Arnett. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Onyx and Ivory sounds really good. Are you enjoying it, Marie? I am sorry to hear you didn't finish The Gilded Wolves. That one is on my TBR pile. It is definitely not cheating to say Harry Potter! That's a great series and makes me happy and feel grateful too. :-) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete