Translate

Monday, September 9, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My TBR I’m Avoiding Reading and Why

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And moved to That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

I don't know if it's avoiding exactly... or just general laziness. But these are the books I have yet to read that I own. I'm not going to use any eBooks, as I feel less "guilt" when not reading those as I do physical books. Because they aren't staring at me everyday I don't read them and borrow one from my library instead.


1-2) Tower of Dawn and Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas - Until this year Empire of Storms would also be on this list.
The reason I haven't finished this series sooner, in part, is because I kind of lost interest in the series. But, I have all the books, I spent all this money on them (even though I got most of the books at a discount price) I would feel wasteful to not finish the series.

3-4) Crystal Storm & Immortal Reign by Morgan Rhodes - With this series, it's that I am scared. I am worried that the characters I love will die, and I need Magnus and Cleo to be together forever. They have the best Enemies to Lovers story, and I need them to stay together. 

5) The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury - I got this book when it was super hyped, and now that the hype has died down, I am worried that I'm not going to like it. It still sounds like a book I would love. And since I usually don't buy books that are hyped, I worry that I got caught up in the hype a little. I've had it for almost 3 years at this point, and it's a standalone novel, so I just need to read it already.

6) Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake  - This one, I just haven't gotten to yet. I haven't had it nearly as long as the other books. 

7) Archenemies by Marissa Meyer - With this one, I bought it on a whim because it was on sale, and I hade a giftcard. But I plan on reading it after I have the third book. Also, I wasn't as blown away with the first book as I had hoped so waiting isn't going to be an issue for me.

8) Wicked King by Holly Black - I just keep forgetting that I own this book. But the third one is coming out so soon, I almost feel like waiting until all three are out.

4 comments:

  1. I thought Wicked King was even better than book one. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the final installment comes out soon, I definitely feel like you may as well wait for it to be published and then just binge them! I loved Wicked King and thought it was brilliant so I hope you have a great experience with it when you get to it! As for Throne of Glass, I feel pretty similarly about the series. I lost interest in it as it went. I bought Kingdom of Ash when it was published but only got a little bit through it before setting it aside and just... not getting back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started and put down The Forbidden Wish a few months ago when I realized I wanted an Aladdin retelling closer to the original, but if you're looking for genie focus, it looks really good. I definitely enjoyed the couple of chapters I read as well as what I skimmed closer to the middle.

    ReplyDelete