Translate

Thursday, April 25, 2019

The NetFlix Book Tag



Saw this on Carrie -The Butterfly Reader's blog. It's been a while since I've done a tag, and I do love a good tag. It's a good way to fill space between reviews. And I haven't done this one yet. So here I go.


1) Recently Watched
The last book you finished reading

 It's been, kind of, a while since I've finished a book. I believe this is a standalone, even though there are some things that could use more explaining. The review is up if anyone wants to check it out.


2) Top Picks
A book that has been recommended to you based on books you've previously read

I'm using a Goodreads rec for this, as most of the books that get recommended to me through uses are books from genres I really don't want to read. (Contemporary NA romance)


3) Recently Added
The last book you bought

I don't buy books very often. I got this one about a month ago, but with my birthday coming up next month I forsee a few more books entering my life. I put myself on a book buying ban until I finished reading the 11+ unread books I've had on my shelf for over a year. But I've read most of them, so now I can start buying books again.


4) Popular on Netflix
Books that everyone knows about (2 you've read and 2 you have no interest in reading)

Two I've read: Harry Potter/ The Lunar Chronicles
I find few faults in either series
Two I have no interest in reading: Red Rising series/ anything by Stephen King.
I tried reading Red Rising, I made it about 1/3 the way in and was bored to death.
I don't like horror, it bores me. (I know, I'm weird.)


5) Comedies
A funny book

More satirical humor. My favorite kind.


6) Dramas
A character who is a drama queen/king

Honestly, Harry Potter was quite the Drama-King from time to time. Especially in Goblet of Fire.


7) Animated
A book with cartoons on the cover

As a fan of ATA, even though I was about 5-10 years older than their target audience, this comic series is a Must-read, for more well-written Avatar. (sorry Korra fans, that series lacked in the writing department.)

8) Watch It Again
A book/book series that you want to re-read

I'm planning a re-read of this series soon.

9) Documentaries
A non-fiction book you'd recommend to everyone

I find the methods Tolkien used to create his mythology the best Worldbuilding ever. 
This is also the "nerdiest" book I own.

10. Action and Adventure
An action-packed book

It's the freshest book in my mind that felt like it had action. 

11. New Releases
A book that just came out or will be coming out soon that you can't wait to read

I would sell my kidney to get this book earlier. I've never had the urge to pre-order a book so much.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about HP being a drama king from time to time. Also Stephen King is overhyped in my opinion... I tried to read a few of his books and they are just so damn weird... Great choices!

    ReplyDelete