Translate

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings: The Sum of These Things (A Story of Now #2) by Emily O’Beirne || Friday 50/50: Favorite/Least Favorite Game of Thrones Character

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Synopsis:
   What Claire hasn’t learned yet is that now comes the hard part: learning to trust in this new relationship. And that isn’t easy when no one has ever given you a reason to trust before.
   Then there’s the pressing question of what to do with her life. Claire’s new volunteer job working with kids offers a glimpse of a potential future, but it definitely isn’t something her pushy mother is going to like.
   Still, everything feels hopeful as she embarks on the next chapter of her life, armed with new friends and the warm and funny Mia. But Claire quickly discovers that negotiating this new terrain of adulthood isn’t easy. Over the rest of this momentous summer, the biggest lesson Claire must learn is how not to let anything get in the way of her happiness. Especially herself.



Book Beginning:
Hani, the community centre manager, is super serious.


56%:
Just like the cliche, champagne always goes a little to Claire's head. In a good way.









*   *   *   *   *
50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.


Favorite

Arya has been a favorite character since season one. Her path has had some of my favorite character development. And I am most curious for what her future holds.


Least Favorite

Choosing a least favorite was hard because, a lot of the unlikable characters are also interesting and compelling characters. After thinking them through, Joffery is the only character who doesn't really have anything that compelling about him. He was just sadistic and just the worst.




12 comments:

  1. The opening raises my curiosity and the excerpt brings back some fun memories.

    My Friday 56 for Sit... Stay... Beg

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sum of These Things looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arya is totally freaking awesome! I really hope she gets to complete her list in this last season!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinda ominous snippets so I'm going to go check it out on GR. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The excerpts pique my curiosity. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE NIGHT VISITORS”

    ReplyDelete
  6. This isn't a book for me. But, Game of Thrones, I agree about Joffery. I was thrilled when he was killed! One of my very favorite characters is Brienne aka Lady Knight. I love her unwavering loyalty. So far, she has been the only character that I would trust 100% to be at my side.

    Thanks for sharing! I'd love for your readers to check out Book Beginnings and my Friday 56!

    Lisa Ks Book Reviews

    https://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/2019/04/its-cozy-food-friday-that-means-its.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see The Sum of These Things is present tense. Do you like reading novels that are written in the present? I struggle with them sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read mostly fantasy, but I read Contemporary on occasion.

      Delete
  8. Champagne goes to my head, too. Hope you are enjoying your book. My book---The Walk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting - but I'll need to look for Book 1. This week I am spotlighting Come and Get Me by August Norman. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new read looks interesting. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arya is one of my favorites too!

    Check out my Friday post and my current giveaway

    ReplyDelete