Translate

Monday, March 25, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Audio Freebie

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And moved to That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


This week it's any type of audio, (audiobooks, music, podcasts.) Since I haven't listened to any audiobooks, yet, my list is going to focus more on music and podcasts. But there are certain genres that I an considering borrowing an audiobook for.


Audiobooks I'm considering borrowing from my library


Game of Thrones - This series is so massive, as is each book in the series, and I don't always know how to pronounce names in high fantasy books. 

Lord of the Rings - I have tried and failed, to read this series three times. I am just not the biggest fan of Tolkiens' writing. He tends to over-describe things, in my opinion. But I do want to read the books because I love the movies so much, and I know that some things were lost to time and pacing. Tolkien has some of the best world building too.

Podcasts I Listen to

We Stayed Late - A group of friends and ex-coworkers from SourceFed (RIP). There isn't really a theme, they just get together when they have time and just talk about random BS. 

David Tennant Does a Podcast With... - I don't really know what to say about this one. It's just great feeling like a fly on the wall while he chats with some fantastic actors.


My Imaginary Friends Podcast - L. Penelope's podcast, the author of Song of Blood and Stone. She only has a few episodes out. She talks about her writing process and things that inspire her.


Music I Listen to When I Read



And various other K-pop groups, this is just my latest obsession because those vocals are fantastic

*   *   *   *   *


Not exactly these Two Steps from Hell songs, but the band in general.

9 comments:

  1. I can't manage to listen to music when I read. I get too involved in the music! :-) Fab list. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really recommend the GOT audio-books. I listened to the last couple instead of heaving the book around and the narrator is incredible! You'd never think it was one person doing all the voices. 😊
    My Audiobook Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to listen to the GOT audiobooks for the same reasons as you-I would never finish them in physical format, they're so big! I also really love David Tennant's new podcast :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/26/top-ten-tuesday-204/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The My Imaginary Friends podcast does sound interesting!

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantasy novels are definitely good audio choices. At least you'll know if you're pronouncing the characters names right! But on the downside, they can be loooong! I'm currently listening to Patrick Rothfuss' THE NAME OF THE WIND and it's like 27 freaking hours. *sigh*

    This is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, great list!! I am an avid audiobook listener and almost enjoy listening to audiobooks more than reading books.

    Here's a link to my TTT post: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2019/03/top-ten-tuesday-audiobook-freebie-my.html?showComment=1553617757328#c4963295880076597634

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the advantages of listening to an audiobook is you know how to pronounce all the names :-). Even in non-fantasy books its easy not to pronounce some of the names correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason I always listen to the Gatsby soundtrack when I read! Great list.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete