Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Friday 56 and Book Beginning: The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2) by Marie Lu || Friday 50/50: Character You'd Most/Least Want to be with in a Zombie Apocalypse

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

So, I was reading Archenemies, the sequel to Renegades. But I decided to wait for the third book to finish the series. It might be strange to wait to read the second book for the third book to be out. Thinking this was going to be a duology and finding out there's going to be a third book, I don't want to read the second book then have to wait to read a third. The third book, Supernova (which honestly has a fucking awesome title when you take into account one of the MC's name is Nova and the context for that meaning in the third book), according to Goodreads, comes out in November of this year. So it's really not that long of a wait in the grand scheme of things. I already have all three books for the Young Elites series, so no waiting involved here. Also, I've had the Young Elites books on my shelf for over a year and should read them first.


Synopsis:
Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all.
     Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she flees Kenettra with her sister to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers who nearly killed her.
     But Adelina is no heroine. Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her control. She does not trust her newfound Elite friends. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good when her very existence depends on darkness?






Book Beginning:
Adelina Amouteru
 When I was a little girl, my mother would spend long afternoons telling me old folktales. I remember one particularly well.
 Once upon a time, a greedy prince fell in love with a wicked girl.

Page 56:
I clear my throat and try not to sound too stunned. "You... you have the same power as I do?"







*   *   *   *   *
50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.


Character You'd Most/Least Want to be with during a Zombie Apocalypse

Best
Magnus Bane, Shadowhunter books
Just about any character from any of the Shadowhunter books would be a great person to be with during any kind of apocalypse. But Magnus is among my favorite characters from the series'


I am going to die
America Singer, The Selection Series
She is the most useless character ever, Bella Swan before she was a vampire would be more useful.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, sometimes it's nice to know you can complete the story in one go, rather than waiting forever for the final installment. Hope you will enjoy this new series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've yet to read anything by Marie Lu, but I've heard a lot of good things about this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read anything by Marie Lu yet, but I've been meaning to for a while. I see a lot of people really recommended her books. I think I might give Legend a go soon(ish).
    My Friday memes this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Legend series is fantastic! (even though it destroyed me a little)
      A fourth book is coming out soon, and I am SO EXCITED.

      Delete
    2. I saw that about the fourth book actually! It's exciting! That'll be read good motivation for me to pick the first three up :-)

      Delete
  4. I have all three books from The Young Elite series, and this post made me want to try and get to them finally. Thanks for that! :)
    Here is my Bookish memes on Friday post https://journeyinbookland.wordpress.com/2019/02/15/book-memes-on-friday-february-15-2019/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those excerpts. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine:
    “I INVITED HER IN”

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read The Young Elites and loved it. Still need to read this one. Hope it's good too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually don't have the self-discipline to wait until a series is complete before I dive in. I haven't read either Renegades or The Young Elites yet. I am spotlighting Broken Homes by Ben Aaronovitch this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the beginning, sounds very interesting. But the line on page 56, for some reason, made me roll my eyes hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how we both chose a Selection Series character. It's fitting for sure! Also, Magnus is a great choice!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete