Translate

Friday, September 21, 2018

Friday 50/50: Favorite Book Set Where You Live/Another Place

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.


I have been really slacking on at least doing this, I haven't started any new books in a while so I haven't done the other Friday Link-up, but I could have still done this one. My excuse is that School started up and I've been too sleepy to think about it.


Where I live (Kind of)
   I live like 20 minutes away from Portland, in one of the smaller cities that's still considered the "Portland Area".  I haven't read any books set in the area, and honestly, there aren't many that sound interesting, but this is one I would consider reading. After reading the first book of course. I just searched "books set in Portland Oregon" and this was the first one that came up, and when I looked further, this was the only one that I found that I was remotely interested in.







Another Place
   I am realizing that many of the books I read are set in fictional places, which isn't generally a problem, but when it comes to things like this I always end up at a loss. But I am once again choosing a book I want to read that is set elsewhere.
   I've had this book for a few years, and I keep meaning and wanting to read it, I just haven't been in the mood to. For me, "classic" novels are ones that I have to be in the mood to read.







2 comments:

  1. I read Dracula last year as my hubby said it was one of his favorite novels. I thought it was okay overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dracula is like Frankenstein to me... Super fascinating writing wise but not too interested as a reader. Everyone raves about Riordan though!

    ReplyDelete