Translate

Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday 56 and Book Beginning: The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never #2) by J.A. Redmerski

This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice


These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


Synopsis:
     Five months ago, Camryn and Andrew, both dealing with personal hardships, met on a Greyhound bus. They fell in love and proved that when two people are meant to be together, fate will find a way to make it happen.
    Now, in the highly anticipated sequel to The Edge of Never, Camryn and Andrew are pursuing their love for music and living life to the fullest as they always swore to do. But when tragedy befalls them, their relationship is put to the ultimate test. As Camryn tries to numb her pain, Andrew makes a bold decision: To get their life back on track, they'll set out on another cross-country road trip. Together they find excitement, passion, adventure-and challenges they never could have anticipated.



Book Beginning:
Andrew:
A few months ago, when I was laid up in that hospital bed, I didn't think I'd be alive today much less be expecting a baby and engaged to an angel with a dirty mouth.
Thoughts:
It's an alright start. I'm mostly reading this book because I am procrastinating finishing Queen of Shadows. I don't want it to end then have to wait an entire year for the next one. That would be torture.

My 56%:
Andrew:
Before the night is over, we end up playing a full ten song gig to a growing crowd as the hours wear on.
Thoughts:
This book is just alright. There are somethings in this story that I find really unrealistic in how they deal with grief and loss. It's honestly a little off putting.

8 comments:

  1. I think I agree with your thoughts - this looks like it will be a good read, but the extracts are a bit disappointing. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the rest of Queen of Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first book, but I definitely recognize your thoughts about books feeling a bit unrealistic when big things are just sort of "gotten over" within a few pages and never become an issue again. That's just not how life or people work! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued by the story - the beginning is good. Thanks for visiting my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not pulled in by the opening, especially since it starts with something that happened in the past. I'd rather be dropped into the middle of the present! Since this is a sequel, I'd want to read The Edge of Never first.
    My Friday post features THE LIGHT OF HIDDEN FLOWERS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it turns out better than you're expecting. My quotes weren't great either, but the book is turning out to be very good. Here's mine: Friday 56 and Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Edge Of Never is still on my wishlist. :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame the book hasn't been a real win, QoS will be better I'm sure - the wait is already killing me so I don't blame you for trying to put it off ahah. Happy reading!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard good things about the first book. I like when characters are challenged.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2016/01/22/the-friday-56-93-the-wolf-gift/

    ReplyDelete