Translate

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Bulk Review: Manga/Graphic Novels pt. 12

 I am proud of how many novels I've read in the time that I've also been reading manga and graphic novels. The last couple of years as well as earlier this year I've read far more of one than the other. (I have still not been great at reading my owned books, it's just too easy to use the Libby app.)
 
 

 
RIN-Ne by Rumiko Takahashi
, Vol. 1 (read April 19)
 This one was alright. After reading all of InuYasha and taking a break from Mao, I decided to look into the other manga she's written and I found this one. 
It's ghosts, and spirits and so far no time travel (so far). I didn't find it as engaging as her other stories so I don't know if I'll read more. 





-
The Emperor's Caretaker by Ichiha Hiiragi
, vol. 5&6  (read April 21 & June 4)
  I am really enjoying this one. It has a good balance of a cute/sweet romance, and some found family elements. As well as some political ingrigue. 






-
The Apothecary Diaries by Natsu Hyuuga
, vol. 15 (read April 22)
  This series is taking me longer to read than any other. More to do with how long it's been between volumes. I know I could read the light novels but I don't want to. I started this series with the manga and I prefer the manga/anime format for this story more than I do the light novels. The anime is already past where the manga is at anyway, so I'll likely read this long after the anime is over.



-
Father, I Don't Want This Marriage by Hong Heesu
, vol. 1 - 6 (read April 27 - July 11)
  This was a nice surprise of a story. It stats as one of those 'I was reincarnated into the body of a royal who everybody hates' but morphs into a very different kind of story that had me asking questions about what the real story is. The male love interest looks like the sterotypical brooding "bad boy" but is actually a huge softie for the lead character. I am very interested in where this story is headed and how it will end. 


-

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End by Kanehito Yamada
, vol. 14 (read May 7)
  I am eager for more of the anime to come out after getting to this part of the story. As of now, the first half of season 2 is out, and where that one left off has me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait for more of the manga and the anime.




-
Witch Hat Atelier by Kamome Shirahama
, vol 14 (read May 12)
   Things have really gotten tense in this volume. And with the anime for this one out now I am very excited to see this story animated. It's hard to talk about this point in the story with out spoilers. But I am nervous for the characters, that's for sure.






-
Love, That's an Understatement by Fujimomo
, vol. 6&7 (read May 16 & June 5)
  This continues to be one of the cutest Shouju's I have ever read. They're so cute and the romance feels like a real teen crush. Nothing is over the top and it's just a cute light story that is needed in these dire times.





-
The Ayakashi Hunter's Tainted Bride by Midori Yuma
, vol. 1 (Read June 17)
  My library (via the libby app) Only has the one volume right now. So all I can say is that I am intrigued for things to come. Hopefully my library gets more volumes soon, I have put in a request.






No comments:

Post a Comment