Translate

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Tag: Let it Snow ❄ BookTag

It's been a while since I've done a tag, and I do enjoy doing these. I don't remember who created this one, or where I first saw it. I've saved a bunch of book-tags over the years and didn't always remember to save where I first saw it. Anyway, here's my winter-time tag, I forgot to do one around Halloween even though I meant to.
 
We don't get a lot of snow in my neck of the woods of Oregon, and I'm actually pretty okay with that. Snow is a pain to deal with. But I do think it's pretty to look at.
 



 
1. The Weather Outside is Frightful: Book with a Snowy Setting
 
Cheating, probably, but it's the only one I could think of. There are likely other books that have a winter/snowy setting. But this book really makes you feel like you are freezing along side everybody else.

2. But the Fire is So Delightful: A Book that warmed your heart

 
This book, and the sequel, are really cute and sweet. I love Garlic, she over comes so much to believe in herself. And the art is really cute.

3. Since There’s No Place to Go: Place you wish you could visit (real or fictional!)

Viv's cafe. I don't remember the name off the top of my head, but I would love to live in that town so I could go to that cafe every day.

4. It Doesn’t Show Signs of Stopping: Series you’re still in the middle of
 

I'm in the middle of a lot of Manga series' right now, but I didn't want to use of of those since most are still on-going. I've been "in the middle of" The Bitter Twins since last October. I hit a roadblock of sorts while reading it. There's a POV character who irritates the crap out of me and I loathe reading her chapters, she's obnoxiously naive and trusting of the invading force to the point where I want something bad to happen to her character so I no longer have to read about her. She's thousands of years old, how can she be that dumb?
 
5. Brought Some Corn for Popping: Book You Devoured
 
 
I read this book in about a week. Sure there are other books I've read faster, but this one I didn't want to end so I kept stopping so I wouldn't read it so fast so reading it would last longer. This is my favorite in the series, it's so good. The back stories, learning the lore. So good.
 
6. The Lights are Turned Down Low: Kept You Up All Night

 
Yes, another book by MJ Sullivan. I read a lot of his books this year. And I have loved all of them. This one, I may have stayed up later than I should have reading it. But it was worth it.

7. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let it Snow: Winter Recommendation!
 
 
 This book doesn't take place during the winter. But one of the side-characters is a Gingerbread cookie. So I think that bumps it up the list. I don't read "seasonal" books, so this is the best I've got.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment