Translate

Monday, November 28, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Cozy Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

Some of these books might seem odd to choose for something 'cozy'.




 I love fairy tales and folktales, and this is a collection of folktales in the world of Grisha. Fairy tales were some of the first "fantasy" books I read as a kid. I found what can only be described as a tome of fairy tales at my school's library, and I read about half of it before I had to return it, but it was I think the first book/story I read that made me realize how much I loved reading. So, this is cozy because it reminds me of that tome of Grimm Fairy tales I read as a 5th grader.

 This book was just so cute. The little food people are so adorable, and the story is cute. I just love everything about this graphic novel. She has a sequel that recently came out that I hope to get a copy of soon.

 Every time I either talk about this book I mention how it gave me the same magical whimsical feeling I got the first time I read Harry Potter. This series just has more likeable characters and a more consistent story than Harry Potter did.

 This is a low-low fantasy story about two adorable people becoming friends and then also falling in love. It's kind of "slice of life". But the two main characters are a Court Herbalist and a Prince. Day to day life, they are so darn cute and sweet. My library doesn't have as many of these as the other manga I've been reading so it's taking me longer to get to the ones that have been translated.
 
 I just finished this book, and it helped me get out of this tiny reading slump I was in. I say tiny, but I haven't finished a book in a month. So, this is a good sign and hopefully the reading slump stays away. This is the first Murder Mystery I've read in a long time. It's one of those "Cozy Mystery" books. The characters were a lot of fun, and I had fun trying to piece together whodunit.

 A cute romance involving donuts. Once more, just two cute unproblematic people falling in love. Sure there's a small bout of miscommunication in this book, but it didn't bother me too much. Also, I love a good pun like the title.

 The mystery is slightly more high stakes in this book than in the other mystery on this list. The characters and the setting are big part of why I love this book and what makes it feel cozy. It feels like a real place, and aside from all the spooky things happening in the neighborhood, I would like to visit and check out the jazz clubs.

 This was just a blast to read, I read it at the time when I really needed something lighthearted.
The two main characters in this book were great and they had a great dynamic and balanced each other out nicely.

 Steampunk, Wizards, and a strong and intelligent female MC (one of the Mc's at least) This trilogy is just so good in so many ways. I want to do a re-read to see if it holds up. I haven't read it since around when it came out in 2015. There is some dark stuff that happens in this series, but I just remember it drawing me in so well with the amazing characters and setting that I still remember how I felt reading it.

9 comments:

  1. I loved Nevermoor and it definitely gave me cozy vibes as well. Interestingly enough, the kids at school don't like it all that much though. I have no idea why!! I pushed it under their noses so many times... Next year I'll try again!

    Have a lovely Tuesday!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's an anime version of Snow White with the Red Hair which I saw years ago. Some great artwork there. But I think Garlic and the Vampire sounds the cutest, will look it up! ~Lex (lexlingua.co)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound good. Fingers crossed that your reading slump stays away!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/29/top-ten-tuesday-cosy-reads/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got so many great books on your list! Nevermoor was the kind of book that I wish was around when I was a kid - and the audiobook version was absolutely wonderful! I also loved Death by Dumpling, such a fun cozy mystery that's enjoyable without being too complex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never let anyone tell you what is and isn't cozy. If it makes you happy, then go with it!
    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/cozy-gift-ideas-for-book-lovers/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these, but I've heard good things about leigh bardugo...Cozy is a matter of perspective. It's about what makes YOU feel warm inside.
    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2022/11/top-ten-cozy-reads.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Nevermoor! It's definitely one of my cosy reads. Garlic & the Vampire and Donut Fall in Love are on my TBR and they also look like they'd be perfect cosy reads. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Chien series is great for cozy reading. I adore it! Funny enough, I just picked up THE MONSTERS WE DEFY from the library yesterday. It looks fabulous.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed The Language of Thorns too, you're right, there is something cozy about fairytales/folktales.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/29/top-ten-tuesday-396/

    ReplyDelete