Translate

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Upcoming Books I'd Like to Read


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 
 
 
This week's topic is supposed to be "Books I Read On Vacation", but I haven't been on a vacation in a very long time, and when I do travel, I tend to do other things. So, I'm sharing books that are coming out soon that I'd like to read.


Technically, this one has already come out. But I still have to wait for my library to buy it so I can read it.

Dead Man's Hand by James J. Butcher - October 11th, 2022
This book is by Jim Butcher's son, and since I like his writing, I am interested in how his son writes.
 
I have a paperback ARC of this book that I hope to get to before the end of the year.
 
Strike the Zither by Joan He - October 25th, 2022
I heard about this book what feels like ages ago, and I've just been waiting to read it.
 
The Luminaries by Susan Dennard - November 1st, 2022
This is one of the few YA books that I've been excited to read. There was a twitter thread story using polls that Dennard did in mid-2020 that was a lot of fun. I got a Sample eARC for this, and while it's the same world with mostly the same characters, it's a different story than the one she did on twitter.

Bloodmarked by Tracy Deonn - November 8th, 2022
Lukewarm in hindsight for book one, but I'm still interested in what happens next. I am a sucker for retellings, and I liked the concept of this take on the Arthurian legend.
 
The Lost Metal by Brandon Sanderson -  November 15th, 2022
When I stared Era2 earlier this year, I didn't know that I was going to love it as much as I do now. This is the final book in era2, and I very interested in how it ends.
 
A Wilderness of Stars by Shea Ernshaw -  November 29th, 2022
I really love her writing style, and I look forward to reading another book by her.

Witcha Gonna Do by Avery Flynn - December 6th, 2022
Not gonna lie, this one and the last one are only here because I had to look up what books were coming out soon, and these two just caught my eye. I love books with witches, there needs to be more.
 
I need to read more "cute" books, and this one looks cute.
A M/M romance, that's (shockingly) not written by a straight woman. Something there also needs to be more of.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy all of these books!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-types-of-books-i-read-on-vacation/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely looking forward to trying Dead Man's Hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read much sci-fi/fantasy, so I haven't even heard of any of these. I do like Sanderson's Mistborn series, though! He creates such interesting worlds, doesn't he?

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete