Translate

Monday, October 24, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Halloween Freebie || Books With Spooky Creatures

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 


This idea came to me when I was checking what other Halloween themed topics I picked for this in previous years. And I came across the old tag "creatures of the night", and altered it a little to line up more with Halloween.


Vampire
The book that inspired Bram Stoker's Dracula.
 
*****
Werewolf/Shapeshifter


The House of Corruption by Erik Tavares
I've had this eBook for almost 10 years, and I haven't read it yet... I have no idea why I haven't read it yet. Well, I started it. Just never finished it.
 
*****
Ghost

 Technically I could use this for Witch/Warlock as well.
But I have many options for that.

*****
Witch/Warlock/Spellcaster
This book is still tragically underrated. It needs more love.
 
*****
Demons
Technically, this book has demons. One of the creepiest books I have ever read.
 
 Goblins are part of fae-lore, and are some of the more mischievous and "evil".

*****
Zombie
This is the only one that I haven't read. So, I can't speak for how much of a role zombies play in this book/series.
 
*****
Aliens
I almost forgot this was an "Alien" book.
 
*****
Mermaids
This is a dark story with Merfolk, when it's considered their origin.
(I really wish this had been a little longer)

*****
Mad-Scientist 
 This book isn't all that spooky or scary. I just love the aesthetics of it.

13 comments:

  1. I've read The Deep and followed it with another Mermaid story Into the Drowning Deep, which you might like. I just saw Wicked Deep on another blog & seeing it twice after never hearing of it - it goes on the list. The other that sounds interesting is Wolf and the Woodsman..... Have a great week and Happy Halloween!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/ttt-bookish-confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice for the theme! The Wolf and the Woodsman is still waiting on my shelf for me to read it and I hope get to it soon. I really enjoyed the Dread Nation duology and zombies definitely play a big role :)
    My Halloween-themed TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah this is very clever! All these creepy Halloween creatures. I'll stick with ghosts. Not too fond of the rest of them...!

    Have a fun Halloween!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of topic! I loved The Deep and Saga is also one of my favourites 😃 I still have to read Dread Nation but I've heard it is very full of zombies, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Ring Shout and Saga sitting on my TBR shelf right now. Someday I'll get The Wicked Deep too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these, but since I've read Dracula, I'd like to read Carmilla. Here is our <a href="http://www.longandshortreviews.com/miscellaneous-musings/top-ten-tuesday-halloween-films-based-on-books/'>Top Ten Tuesday.</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the second time I've seen The Wicked Deep and I still can't get over how pretty the cover is! I need to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/12-books-with-black-covers-pick-a-color/

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great list! I love how you have matched a book to the creature!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/25/top-ten-tuesday-halloween-freebie-books-to-read-at-halloween/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saga is an all time favorite. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice take on the prompt this week!
    Enjoy your Halloween and thank you for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had the same reaction to The Deep. Maybe we’ll get a sequel someday?

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-halloween-things-ive-never-done/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice for the theme, love the way you matched the covers to the creature!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/25/top-ten-tuesday-391/

    ReplyDelete