Translate

Monday, May 16, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Was SO EXCITED to Get, but Still Haven’t Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 
 This week is 'Books I Was SO EXCITED to Get, but Still Haven’t Read'... and oof. Um, I have a lot. I do read the books I buy, but I also keep getting books from through my library and reading those instead. I even have shared some of the books I was exited to read for Friday 56/Book Beginning, and never actually picked it up. I'm not counting any books that I have purchased this year, since I have started one of them, and I wanted to keep this list to 10.
These only the physical books, we aren't going to talk about all the Ebooks I obtain and haven't read. There were also more, but I recently donated like 10 books. Some I've read some were unread.

************************

Strife's Bane by Evie Manieri (Purchased in 2021)
These are all part of the same series, I got the first two so long ago. Then got the third last year (all were discount books) in hopes that it would motivate me to just read them. I think it's going to be a bust honestly. I have tired to read the first book, I actually made it about 10 chapters, but it's kind of boring, I think it might be time to just donate them and move on.
This was totally a cover buy, I have no idea what it's about. Most of these books I got on discount. Bookoutlet was having a sale, I think I got this to make my total 35$ to get the free shipping. That's where I get most my discounted books.
These are the second third books for a book I read, the first time, in I think 2015 through  NetGalley, and really liked. I bought all three books, again, on discount. I fully planned on reading all three after re-reading the first book. And I just never did. I still really like that first book. I have no excuse, I just didn't continue.

I haven't read this one because of all the mixed things I've heard about it. I wish I hadn't read any kind of review for it and just read it because I like this author's books. But I read reviews and this book and the third seem to be pretty divisive, so I don't know about continuing.
 
I think this was the point when I started to get overwhelmed by all the unread books I have... but that doesn't stop me from buying more.
 
An anticipated release, and I didn't read it. I think this was in part because it's "the end" for these characters and this world (as far as I know) and I'm just not ready to leave it yet.

Lady Hotspur by Tessa Gratton (Purchased in 2021)
I got this book, then I found out/realized that it was a sequel to Queens of Innis Lear, so I waited until I had that book... (I do now, got it this year). I honestly have no good reason to not just read the books I already have.
A book that I've heard a lot of good things about, and it was on sale through BookOutlet.
The 'sequel' to Beyond a Darkened Shore, and yes, I bought the sequel/spin-off before reading the first book, because it was on sale. And I have no self-control when it comes to discounted books. Who would honestly say no to a 5$ hardcover?

 

11 comments:

  1. Great list. Me too I'm fairly good at reading the books I own and I've included ebooks in my list as buy the one I'm excited about when they're on sales... I read and loved Rule of Wolves.

    Here is my TTT: https://herseriallife.com/top-13-books-i-was-excited-get-havent-read/

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sales get me too and to bulk up delivery! I also underestimate the time I have for reading!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/17/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-was-so-excited-to-get-but-still-havent-read/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/17/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-was-so-excited-to-get-but-still-havent-read/

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy all of these books if or when you read them! :)

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-was-so-excited-to-get-but-still-havent-read/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaha, you've reminded me that I also have AHSFAB on my TBR and I was wildly excited for it when it came out! 🙈 Oops... I hope you enjoy these whenever you get to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did put some that were on my Kindle on my list today too. Those were easier for me to know how long I had had them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too suffer the same book discount malady. When something is less than $10, it's practically urging us to buy it! However, I am remedying that this year, as I've only started book collecting in the second half of last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Heart So Fierce and Broken wasn't as good as the first, but it was enjoyable, but I felt like it all came crashing down in the third book...I wasn't sure Brigid Kremmerer knew her own characters anymore.
    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2022/05/top-ten-books-i-was-so-excited-to-get.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to read King of Scars and Rule of Wolves myself. :)

    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rule of Wolves was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/17/top-ten-tuesday-368/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not read any of these. I did read the Six of Crows duology, but I've not read any more of Leigh Bardugo's work yet.
    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete