Translate

Friday, April 22, 2022

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Seven Endless Forests by April Genevieve Tucholke

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


  I completely forgot to do this yesterday. I was in between books, and wasn't sure what to start next, I have a few NetGalley books, and I have no idea what book I should read next.
I would have gotten this posted a lot sooner in the day, but my son doesn't have school today, and I forgot that he didn't. 
Anyway, I've had this book on my shelf for a while and in my poor decision making I keep borrowing books from the library and requesting books from NetGalley rather than reading books that are already on my shelf. I really need someone to stop me from requesting books. This book is a spin-off of The Boneless Mercies. The way that book goes and the way this book seems to be set up, both can be read as standalones. Boneless Mercies is a retelling of Beowulf and this is based on Arthurian legend. 

Synopsis:
   On the heels of a devastating plague, Torvi's sister, Morgunn is stolen from the family farm by Uther, a flame-loving Fremish wolf-priest who leads a pack of ragged, starving girls. Torvi leaves the only home she's ever known, and joins a shaven-skulled druid and a band of roaming Elsh artists known as the Butcher Bards. They set out on a quest to rescue Torvi's sister, and find a mythical sword.
   On their travels, Torvi and her companions will encounter magical night wilds and mystical Drakes who trade in young men. They will sing rowdy Elshland ballads in a tree-town tavern, and find a mysterious black tower in an Endless Forest. They will fight alongside famous Vorseland archers and barter with Fremish wizards. They will feast with rogue Jade Fell children in a Skal Mountain cave, and seek the help of a Pig Witch. They will face wild, dangerous magic that leads to love, joy, tragedy, and death.
   Torvi sets out to rescue a sister, but she may find it's merely the first step toward a life that is grander and more glorious than anything she could have imagined.


*********


Book Beginning:
   We thought we were safe, another dark winter behind us.


Friday 56:
   So this was wolf magic.
It was vile.
It was wonderful.







*********


Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: Do you finish reading every book that you have slotted for a review?

A: If it's a book that I've received to review. I try to finish it. If it's a book I either own or got from the library, I'll DNF it if I'm not feeling it.

5 comments:

  1. I always finish. There was a library book that I DNF. It was a book of short stories so I read some of them, but they just suddenly ended and I had no idea what happened 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teasers from what looks like an interesting take on a classic story. Happy Reading!
    I always finish books I'm reviewing. If it's a library book or something I own and I'm really not feeling it or just don't have the time for it, I quit or shelve it for another time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book beginning is intriguing, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seven Endless Forests quotes are intriguing. I also tend to DNF if the book isn't clicking with me.

    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2022/04/friday-book-blog-hop_01037462337.html

    ReplyDelete