Translate

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || All The Ugly Things (Love & Lies Duet #1) by Stacey Lynn

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


 
 
This is a book I finished late last year, and the sequel. This is such a fantastic Duology, both books made me cry more than once. (Book 1 review)
 
 Synopsis:
   One moment. A single decision... an accident.
Cost me six years of my life.
All of my hopes and dreams vanished.
   Until I was given back my freedom and the opportunity to start over... doing whatever I could to survive in a world much different than the one I knew before.
   I was working on my degree and waiting tables when my fate changed.
An older man with silver hair and a fancy suit walked in, looking like he wanted to save me.
He came for pie. But he offered me a job.
   When I turned him down, he sent his son, Hudson.
The arrogant, sex on a stick wore me down.
I took the job.
I accepted his friendship.
And slowly, over time, I began to feel things for this man I knew I shouldn’t.
   They gave me a home.
A family.
And then it was all ripped away.
   Now nothing can erase all the ugly things. 


 
 

Book Beginning:
 PROLOGUE
 Lilly
"....For a maximum sentence of ten years."
 Oh God. This couldn't be happening. I was told probation. Probably community service. My knees trembled so violently I was in danger of collapsing from my stance behind the table.
 
Friday 56:
 I shouldn't have had so much time stolen from me.
"I know," I said instead because recovery and parole and becoming reacclimated to society meant taking responsibility for actions, not placing blame.
 
 
 
 
 **********
 
 
Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

 
 
Q: Do you have any bookish posters/artwork on your walls?
 
 A: No, but not because I'm opposed to it, I just haven't found anything that I love enough to want to buy.

6 comments:

  1. 'All the Ugly Things' sounds like it could be quite an intense read! Not sure if it's going for a revenge thriller or more of a romantic suspense? And I don't have any bookish artwork either for the same reason! I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds tempting! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “FIND ME”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Friday 56 quote you shared from All the Ugly Things.

    I'm like you in that I just haven't really seen anything I love enough to want to buy and display on my walls. I love bookish art and admiring it otherwise though. And I do have my bookshelves full of books which is both practical and art on it's own. Maybe the last one is a stretch. LOL I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You grabbed my attention right away! Sounds awesome and I like that cover! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what she did to get community service.
    Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete