Translate

Monday, December 6, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Freebie - Ten Books I Wanted to get to But Likely Won't

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 
    With the end of the year upon us, there are a number of books I wanted to get to, that I won't have the time to read. I kept reading books from my library, especially this Manga that I had been wanting to read for a while, and I kept requesting and getting approved for books from NetGalley. This could have been avoided by just reading the books I own, I say this every month, yet I never stop.

 

1.Blood's Pride by Evie Manieri - This book is on every one of these lists... and I still haven't read it. I've had this book for nearly 3 years, I think it's time to read it. I also recently bought book three, because it was on sale for 5$ and I just need to read the trilogy. It's taking up shelf space and I don't like donating books I haven't even tried reading.

2.A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer - I haven't continued this series because I've heard so many mixed things about the rest of the series. But I think I just need to read it and find out for myself. 

3.Archenemies by Marissa Meyer - I have similar reasons for not finishing this series as well. Heard some things about the rest of the series that make me unsure if I will like what happens. I was a little underwhelmed with the first book in some aspects, and I had initially thought this was going to be a duology, but when I found out it was a trilogy I didn't know how that was going to work. I have all three books, so I think I just need to finish it and decide from there if I like it enough to keep, or if I should donate.

4.The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey - I bought this book and the third book specifically because I had never continued the series after the first time I read the first book years ago, I even re-read the first book in preparation in reading this one and just never did.

5.Seven Endless Forests by April Genevieve Tucholke - A spin-off of The Boneless Mercies, that I read a little over a couple of years ago, I just hadn't gotten to this one yet. Kept getting distracted with other books.

6.Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake - Just kept getting sidetracked. This happens more when I buy a book before reading it. And I only do that if I buy the sequel to a book I'm in the middle of, or if it's on sale. I should probably stop doing that. (I wont)

7.The Ninth Rain by Jen Williams - This one, just got. So, it makes sense why I haven't read it yet. 

8.The Might by Siri Pettersen - An eARC from NetGalley. I wanted to finish this one before the end of the year, but its unlikely. I hope to get to this one soon though.

9.Cold the Night, Fast the Wolves by Meg Long - Another NetGalley ARC, I want to at least get this one read before it's published early in January. 

10.Yona of the Dawn, Vol.19 by Mizuho Kusanagi - This one is mildly a choice. I could read it right now, it's available at my library, as are the rest of the volumes in the series (that are out). But then I'd have to wait an undetermined amount of time to wait for the ones my library doesn't have. I can read a volume of Manga in about an hour, maybe 2 if I get distracted with adult responsibilities. And I want to savor the rest of the series that my library has as I wait for them to buy the ones they don't.

11 comments:

  1. The Tucholke one I wanted to read... not least because of that amazing cover! I need to get with it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have similar feelings about Marissa Meyer. Sometimes her books are a great read. Sometimes not so much. Hope you can get to some of these titles as the year winds down. Happy TTT!

    My post:
    https://pagesandpaws.com/2021/12/07/ttt-10-tastes-of-the-season/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I have a long list of books for this topic. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to them all soon!

    My freebie is here: https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/12/07/ttt-ten-books-i-feel-like-everyone-has-read-but-me/

    Happy TTT!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not familiar with any of these, but hope you'll manage to get to them! Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/10-middle-grade-fantasy-books-set-in-winter-and-christmas-book-recommendations/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand completely when it comes to Yoona

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand this! I have a list like this as well, great topic for today's post. https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/12/top-ten-tuesday-free-little-library.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could have a neverending list of books I won't get to as well. And I can definitely relate to reading random books instead of the ones on my shelves.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man. I miss Yona of Dawn. I guess I'm going to start reading the manga instead since the anime series was cancelled.

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The manga is so good. I just finished Vol. 18. I have reviews for them on Story Graph and Goodreads.

      Delete