Translate

Monday, December 20, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Hope Santa Brings/Bookish Wishes

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 
I don't feel comfortable sharing any Amazon wishlist, in part because I've been trying to not get my books from Amazon if I can help it, and partly because I can't afford to be anyone's Secret Santa, so asking someone else to be for me, feels wrong.


An Ember in the Ashes quartet by Sabaa Tahir -  I re-read the first book, and read the second book earlier this year, I held off on getting the other books after the cover change. I know I've probably mentioned this a thousand times, but I needed to re-buy the first book anyway because of a printing error leaving an unsightly splotch of ink in the middle of a paragraph. But now that all the new covers are available in Hardcover, I hope to get them soon.

The Queens of Innis by Tessa Gratton - I bought the sequel not knowing it was a sequel (it was on super sale for like.. 10$) so I need to get this one first so I can read the sequel. Though I plan on reading this through the library anyway... but I've only heard good things about these books anyway so I figure if I already have the sequel I should have the first book too.

The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson - I actually have the first book on my kindle, but I think I need the physical book. Sometimes longer books are easier to read in physical form. Especially when it comes to referencing maps. Which I tend to do a lot when a book has one, and its harder/ mildly annoying to do to with an ebook.

The Mask Falling by Samantha Shannon - I also have the ebook for this, I got it when it was on sale. But, I have the other books in the series in hardback, so I want this one too for my shelf. I am so excited to jump back into this series.

These Violent Delights duology by Chloe Gong - I still have my ARC paperback, I just haven't gotten around to getting the finished copy, or the sequel. I just want so many books, and have so much limited space.

 I could keep going, but this is already 12 books. I hope everybody has a fantastic holiday season.

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/books-that-will-be-under-my-christmas-tree/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love An Ember in the Ashes! I need to read These Violent Delights since everyone seems to enjoy it.

    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to finish The Mask Falling!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/12/21/top-ten-tuesday-347-the-christmas-movie-book-tag/

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many amazing books on here. The Way of Kings is one of my favorite books. I do agree that it would be a bit better to have a physical copy of that one! I tabbed it up like crazy and it was so much easier to flip back and re-read some moments for clarity. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you! I have so many books, and so many more I want but in my apartment I am running out of room for them!

    ReplyDelete