Translate

Monday, August 30, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Fictional Love Interests

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
Whenever this topic comes up, I alter it. I don't get crushes on the characters in the books I read anymore. But I can still appreciate a good love interest. I could only think of eight. 

*****

Elias from An Ember in the Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir
   I'm only partially through the second book, but I got some mild spoilers, and he is currently one of the love interests. 
He's such a cinnamon roll. From how he was raised, being taken at a young age, and how he grew up. It would have been easy for him to become hardened. But he still has such a kind heart. 

Lincoln Fitzroy from The Ministry of Curiosities series by CJ Archer
   He has a grumpy exterior, but deep down he's extremely kind, in his own way, to those he cares for. He struggles with how to properly voice his feelings. He shows his care through actions more than words.
 
Hak from Yona of the Dawn by Mizuho Kusanagi
   Childhood friends with Yona, a princess, Hak became her personal guard. And he is so tragically in love with her and has been for years. Because of their situation, on the run and in hiding. He is reluctant in telling her how he feels, thinks it would be selfish. But he teases her, protects her. I hope things work out for them, they are precious.

Zen from Snow White with the Red Hair by Sorata Akizuki
   The basis of the romance between Zen and Shirayuki is respect, and I honestly love that so much. They just respect and admire each other, and it blossoms into an absolutely amazing romance. From where I got to in the anime at least. I'm currently reading it, and I really hope the manga gives more closure to their relationship than the anime did. The anime left it pretty open, but hopeful.

Cardan from The Folk of Air series by Holly Black
   My current read of his novella "How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories" rekindled my love for his character. Yes, he starts off very prickly, to put it lightly. But after learning more about his character and why he behaved the way he did... I understood his character more. And once he opens himself up to Jude, his love for her was really something. They make a great pair and have a way of balancing each other.

Roma from These Violent Delights series by Chloe Gong
   I've only read the first book, and the short story from when Roma and Juliette were teenagers. They were so cute and sweet... I have hope they'll find their way back there in the next book. Though that is also not likely to happen... but I hold out hope. But throughout the first book, how he struggled not to show her how much he still loved her. I just want them to get that back.

Magnus Damora from the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes
   This isn't one I would have expected to be on a list like this for a good majority of the series. This was an enemies to lovers, very slow burn... And it was worth every minute. Another grumpy on the outside, but deep down has a kind heart for the ones he deeply cares for. It's just a really small group of people. And he's willing to do whatever it takes to protect those in that group.

Rowan from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
  Apparently, this is slightly controversial these days. Don't care. I like Rowan with Aelin. Granted, they are almost the same person. But for their characters, that works. They are true equals and have utter trust and respect for each other. They are both willing and able to throw down with anyone and anything to protect the other. 

7 comments:

  1. I don't think I have met any of your crushes.

    When you get the chance, I hope you can stop by my post and check it out: https://readbakecreate.com/characters-i-would-love-to-have-a-drink-with/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Eli, Cardan and Rowan! I love Rowan and Cardan eventually grew on me (I don't know why I didn't fall hard and fast for him like everyone else seemed to lol) but I definitely fell hard fast for Eli 😍 Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the middle of Thorn of Glass. I really enjoy Rowan. Here is my post https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2021/08/top-ten-tuesday-book-characters-i-want.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get crushes on the characters in the books I read, either. Great spin on the topic.

    Hope you'll visit my TTT list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get crushes on the characters in the books I read either, although some are very romantic! I tweaked the topic this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't a big fan of Rowan, but I always got the sense I was in the minority!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/08/31/top-ten-tuesday-331/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read that Holly Black series. It sounds like a lot of fun and her fae books are supposed to be so good! These all look like excellent picks. :)

    ReplyDelete