Translate

Monday, August 9, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Character Pairs I Love

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 
This week's topic was supposed to be Secondary or Minor Characters Who Need More Love, but I couldn't really think of any that fit this exact topic, so I'm altering it a little. I just feel like I did a topic too close to this week's, and I've read a lot of books with new characters that I love and want to share. 

*   *   *   *   *


1 - Rime and Hirka, The Raven Rings - While all three books are out in Norway, they've yet to all be translated. Only book one, Odin's Child, is out here. I highly recommend it. The world, the setting, the magic, and especially the characters are all fantastic. Rime and Hirka are more of the focus, mainly Hirka. 

2 - Marilia and Annuweth, Chrysathamere Trilogy - These siblings have one heck of a story. Twins, who escape a grim situation, and slowly become rivals, then enemies, then allies. Their story is one that I wish more people have read. It's so good.

3 - Évike and Gáspár, The Wolf and the Woodsman - I loved their dynamic, the way they grew to trust and understand each other. Relying on each other to survive, and then more.

4 - Vin and Elend, Mistborn - These two hardly need an introduction. But they are new-to-me characters. I still have the third book to read, but I love these two. They balance each other nicely and compliment each other as well. 

5 - Cassandra and Gideon, The Once and Future Queen trilogy - Even though it broke my heart what happened with Devyn, these two were better together. I can't really say more without spoiling things. This is a very underrated series. 312 reviews and 455 ratings between the three books.

6 - Rin and Kitay, The Poppy War trilogy  - I almost want to say "best friend goals"... but I wouldn't want to go through what they went through. They push each other, and they very much have a "sibling" relationship. 

7 - Tova and Halvard, The Girl the Sea Gave Back - Much like the book this is a spin-off of, Sky in the Deep, these enemies turned unlikely allies are a great foil to each other. I need to re-read this book, but I remember enough that I really loved them and a part of me hopes there's another book with all the characters from both books in the future.

8 - Aileana and Kiaran, The Falconer trilogy - This is another unlikely pair, one is Fae, the other hunts them. But they fight together and look to each other as equals as they hunt down fae who harm humans. A lot more happens than that, but a foundation of treating each other as equals, and having each other's back despite things that should make them enemies. 

9 - Lazlo and Sarai, Strange the Dreamer - What more can be said about them beyond them both being precious beans who need to be protected at all costs. I know a lot of people feel that they have insta-love, and...yeah, kind of. But it honestly works in this book, the way it does in her other series.

10 - Lee and Annie, The Aurelian Cycle - I've only read the first book so far, Fireborne, and I must have a thing for unlikely allies... because this is another pair like that. Both were orphaned by the same rebellion. One because their family wanted to overthrow their Dragonlords, the other because their family was the Dragonlords. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm here for Lazlo and Sarai! Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/ten-book-to-movie-adaptations-i-want-to-watch/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your twist to today's prompt! Absolutely love Vin + Elend, Lazlo + Sarai and Rin + Kitay! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I twisted the topic some, as I have trouble remembering secondary characters.

    When you get the chance, I hope you stop by my post: https://readbakecreate.com/10-books-that-deserve-more-love/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enemies to allies is one of my favorite book tropes, so Girl that the Sea Gave Back looks awesome. And you've got me interested in Once & Future Queen too. Thanks for the recs!
    ~Lex (lexlingua.co)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Kitay, he was such a sweetie.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/08/10/top-ten-tuesday-328/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you made the list your own! I struggled with ten, and finally just did five: https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/08/10/ttt-secondary-characters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tova and Halvard were a great pair. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete