Translate

Friday, August 27, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Fatemarked (The Fatemarked Epic #1) by David Estes

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

I got this book, months ago with Prime Reading, it's kind of like a library borrow, but there's no time frame for reading/returning. I kind of forgot that I had it to be honest. Figured it was time to pick it up, and see if it was a series I'd like to continue.

Synopsis:
  They are the fatemarked. Misunderstood. Worshipped. Hated. Murdered at birth. Their time to step into the light has come.
  An ancient prophecy foretold their coming, the chosen few who will bring peace to a land embroiled in a century of mistrust and war. When kings start dying, that hope and belief swiftly turns to fear. Roan Loren is one of the fatemarked, but has hidden his mark of power his entire life, fearing the damage it might cause to those around him.
  A great evil is coming. He can't hide anymore.
  Enter a world of magic and dragons, kings and queens, and victory and defeat, during a time when honor and valor still meant something.


*   *   *   *   *   *


Book Beginning:
The newborn babe awoke in an empty cave, lit by a swathe of green moonlight.

Friday 56:
The dragon's twin heads wavered above him, searching for their prey.










************************************************************************

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q:  How young do you think children should be when they start reading? 

A: Not sure what this question is asking. I've been reading for as long as I can remember. I don't remember learning how to read, just one day I could, and I kind of never stopped (though required reading in school ruined reading for me for a while). Kids should start reading as soon as they can, and they should read whatever they want. (to some extent, I wouldn't recommend A Clockwork Orange to a 12-year-old, for example.)


5 comments:

  1. The dragon's twin heads? Eek. That is surely a description I've never imagined before. My Friday Quotes post

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that 56! Dragon lover here!! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started reading to my kids the day they were born, sometimes it was what I was reading at 3 am while they were feeding but they were read to LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it matter when someone starts to read? Probably not just if they continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also don’t remember learning. I just could, one magical day, make sense of the squiggles in the book.

    I will say that grad school ruined reading for me for quite a few years! Required linguistics reading will beat the joy right out of a person.

    My take here— https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/09/02/book-blogger-hop-when-should-kids-start-reading/

    ReplyDelete