Translate

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || The Fires of Vengeance (The Burning #2) by Evan Winter

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Synopsis:
   Tau and his Queen, desperate to delay the impending attack on the capital by the indigenous people of Xidda, craft a dangerous plan. If Tau succeeds, the Queen will have the time she needs to assemble her forces and launch an all out assault on her own capital city, where her sister is being propped up as the 'true' Queen of the Omehi.
   If the city can be taken, if Tsiora can reclaim her throne, and if she can reunite her people then the Omehi have a chance to survive the onslaught. 


*  *  *  *  *


Book Beginning:
"Will he die?"
The voice woke him, returning him to torture.






Friday 56:
Everybody's hooks caught and Tau began to scramble up the wall with the rest.










*   *   *   *   *

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: Do you have an online calendar to keep track of your reviews and posts or do you print out a calendar or list? 

A: Neither. I just read and review whatever, I don't plan out and schedule my reading. 


*****

Best and Worst reads of July


Best
★★★★★


Worst
★★☆☆☆

5 comments:

  1. Ooh I think I remember your quotes and thoughts on the first book of the series! That opening is bound to drag you straight back in and I love the idea of opposing Queens fighting for a throne. I hope you enjoy this one and have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an intense start! And a beautiful cover too. I hope you enjoy The Fires of Vengeance.
    Cora | https://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover just scared Elza away...!! LOL!! Intense for sure.

    I have to schedule my review books down in my diary, or I'll never ever remember them!

    Have a good weekend.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dragon head on the cover! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like quite the nail biting start. I hope you enjoy it!

    Lauren @ My Expanding Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete