Translate

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Places In Books I’d Love to Live

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
Picking places from books is a bit hard, most of the cool-sounding places in books I read are places that if it were me as myself visiting there's a high chance I would die, or be gravely injured.



Hogsmeade - Daigon Alley is cool sure, but Hogsmeade is a whole town. It just sounded more interesting to me.


The Shire - When the movies first came out everybody was always talking about Rivendell or Gondor. But I was always far more interested in vising The Shire. 


Ravka - War-torn, yes. Monsters exist sure. But it still sounds beautiful. And if I get to have Grisha powers (not picky about what kind) that would be really cool, as long as I don't have to be part of the army.


Lunar - The Lunar Queendom from the Lunar Chronicles is honestly one of my favorite setting ideas in YA book. Space terrifies me, but a colony on the moon sounds awesome.


Nevermoor - The world from Morrigan Crow is just so whimsical and I want to visit. 


Mytica - The world in Falling Kingdoms sounds like an interesting place to visit. Some of these other places are ones I'd consider living in, Mytica... I think I'd be okay with just visiting. But I'd only want to visit from the point the series ends. Before and during the height of the series it wasn't exactly a safe place being at war and all... 


Eretz - Really anywhere mentioned in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. She travels all over the world through magic doors. Even the places mentioned in Prague are places I'd want to visit.


Callipolis - The world from Fireborne, where anybody can become a dragon rider. I had to do a little searching because it's been a while since I read book one and I have yet to read the second book and it's not mentioned in the synopsis what the world is called. This series is currently at war, but who would turn down the chance to become a dragon rider?


The town of Fairfold - From Holly Black's Darkest Part of the Forest. Yes, because I am not a resident there is a high chance of being captured or tricked by the local fae, but that is a chance I am willing to take.


The world of Avatar the Last Airbender - Beyond the four nations, nowhere is mentioned what the world itself is called, I think it's just called 'Earth' at one point, but nothing else. There seems to be a fair chance for both benders and non-benders to be safe in this world. And I would love to travel the world the way the Aang-gang did, on my own flying Bison. 

6 comments:

  1. Nevermoor sounds like such a fun place to visit.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-places-in-books-id-love-to-live/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shire and Hogsmeade are two places I would definitely want to live. Great places, both!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Shire was on our list, too.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound awesome. I would love to visit the Shire, or better yet live there. Such a peaceful place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hogsmeade, Ravka and Lunar are great shouts! I still need to read nevermoor - you've just reminded me 🤦‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about the whole Grisha powers thing. :)

    ReplyDelete