Translate

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Alessia in Atlantis: The Forbidden Vial by Nathalie Laine

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


After reading probably a few too many dark fantasy books already this month, I decided to read this one. It's a NetGalley book, not expected to come out until March. But it sounds like a lot of fun. I'm only about a chapter into it but I'm already really enjoying it. I don't know if it's going to be a series or not, but it feels like something that could make a good series.

Synopsis:
   It’s not unusual for twelve-year-old Alessia to lose control of her emotions and create a scene at school.
It IS unusual when one day she's attacked there by a giant frog monster and plunged into the underwater realm of Atlantis in an overturned boat.
   On arriving in Atlantis, she learns that her long-lost father may have been from there. Determined to investigate, she stays and enrolls in Atlantide school: The Octopus’s Garden.
   But uncovering the truth is not easy when the tyrannical Atlantide Emperor forbids asking about missing people. With the help of her newfound school friends, Alessia will have to steal evidence from a grumpy teacher, escape from rebel merfolk and make rhymes with menacing blue people of Minch to discover the key to her past.
   Meanwhile, someone knows exactly who she’s the daughter of, and is ready to kill her for it.




Book Beginnings:
Alessia slipped her hand into Mr. McCrum's satchel, fumbled around until she felt three prongs, and snatched back her cherished fork.

Friday 56: 
"We're investigating a crime."
    Alessia glared at her. The Iktor theory was meant to be a secret!












*   *   *   *   *
Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: What book series would you like to see adapted as a Netflix series? 

A: I'm not sure. NetFlix is so hit or miss, that I think I'd trust Amazon or HBO before NetFlix. Definitely trust HBO the most.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read Alessia in Atlantis. It seems like an interesting story, and the quotes grabbed my interest. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great excerpts! Now I am curious. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SHADOW BOX”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you really enjoy it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun excerpts! Hope you enjoy your current read.

    Ahh, Netflix. I completely understand your answer to the question. Definitely hit or miss with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what Netflix would do with the Sabriel series. I love it so much I'd be mad if they wrecked it, though. My quotes this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Forbidden Vial sounds good. I hope you continue to enjoy it! I wonder if I could get my daughter to read it with me. I love finding books that will interest us both. :-)

    Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Showtime--they are all the same to me.

    I hope you have a great weekend! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intriguing! What were these tools for??
    My post is here https://francebooktours.com/2021/02/05/loving-modigliani-book-beginnings/

    ReplyDelete