Translate

Monday, January 18, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday| Books I Meant to Read In 2020 but Didn’t Get To

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 

My goal for 2020 was to read the books I own that I haven't read yet. And, I read most of them. But with the new books that I wanted to read and access to my Library's ebooks, I did that more than I read the ones I own. I have 6 from 2019 and before that I have unread, and three that I got in 2020 that are unread. There were also some books I wanted to re-read that I didn't get to. Finding the motivation to read through most of 2020 was a struggle.



Owned Unread Books from before 2020

Blood's Pride and Fortune's Blight by Evie Manieri -  Books one and two of Shattered Kingdoms series. I think it's just a trilogy. I don't have the third book, but I have had these two books on my shelf for I think three years at this point and I haven't tried to start reading them. They were a "mistake" purchase. Their covers look very similar to a different series, and I bought them thinking they were those books.

The Shadow Hour and The Savage Dawn by Melissa Grey - Books two and three of the Girl at Midnight trilogy. I first read book one way back in 2015 when I got a copy from NetGalley, and re-read it last year after I got the whole trilogy meaning to read the rest of the trilogy but never got around to it. I should really get on that.

Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake - This one I just kept forgetting that I own it. I think I was about to start it but got a book I was on hold for at the library so I put it back on my shelf.

Archenemies and SuperNova by Marissa Meyer - Another set of series ending books. This one was mostly because I was/am hesitant, I thought this was going to be a duology, and when it wasn't and I got some minor spoilers for how parts of the plot are handled, I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. But I still like the writing and the characters. (though I got Supernova in 2020)



Owned Unread Books from 2020

Seven Endless Forests by April Genevieve Tucholke - Spinoff standalone of The Boneless Mercies. Inspired by Arthurian legends. Boneless Mercies was fantastic, and this is set in the same world. I am very much looking forward to when I get to this one. 

A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer - Book two of the Cursebreakers trilogy (?). I'd really like to get this one read before the third book comes out, and I honestly have no excuse. I have two copies... an Ecopy, and a physical copy. I never buy multiple copies. That is how much I love this series and this author's writing, and the characters. 

Unowned books I wanted to read

Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend - There are so many other books I wanted to read, but this was a book I was highly anticipating, but my library didn't have a kindle version so I wasn't able to borrow a copy. I should just buy them because they're books I would 1000% re-read. 

3 comments:

  1. Hollowpox sure does sound good.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember Seven Endless Forests. I wanted to read that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, finding the motivation to read was a struggle. Happy Reading this year! Here's my Top Ten Tuesday list.

    ReplyDelete