Translate

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Birth of the Anima (Ancient Language of the Earth, #1) by Kelsey K. Sather

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


 I've just started this book, and I gotta say, it's a little strange. But that 56 quote has me very curious.

Synopsis:
   Over millennia, across the seven seterras of Aligaea, twelve women—the Anima—develop powers akin to apex predators. Along with their bestial strength and speed, they inherit the Task to restore ecological Order to the world. Yet fulfilling the Task seems improbable as the Imperium spreads a plague of ecocide and despotism across the land, ushering in the apocalypse with its infectious Disorder.
   Stout and smart Freda Johansson leaves behind a promising career, love, and community to seek the red-capped mushroom capable of turning her into the final Anima. Whether it's plant magic or free will guiding her from emerald forests to austere peaks, she doesn't care. She only needs to find the mushroom before the Imperial Forces can seal the catastrophic fate of the planet.
   The sacred balance of Life depends on the birth of the Anima—but even then, she must choose to own her powers as both woman and wild beast.



Book Beginning:
AVNI
2,210 Years Before Present
PRAJATUYA, OLD MAKALON
Her master interpreted the stars and wrote the constricts in the foreigners' language.

Friday 56:
Distant, high-pitched screaming halted Winter.







*   *   *   *   *

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: Do you own more than one eBook reader? 

A: I mean, I guess. Technically I still own my old ones that don't work anymore. But I use my Kindle or my phone to read. 

10 comments:

  1. Birth of the Anima looks interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is very eye-catching. Thanks for introducing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birth of Anima sure is something different, but I think it can work! Let us know!

    Hope you will have a good weekend.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cover and tempting excerpts. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “BEFORE SHE DISAPPEARED”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating ideas! Enjoy My post is here https://francebooktours.com/2021/01/22/loving-modigliani-friday-56/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just have the one ereader and often worry about it going kaput. I could use the app on my phone but I'd want to replace it as quickly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly sounds exciting! And the teasers are attention-grabbing. The only e-reader I have its the kindle app on my phone and I barely use it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have piqued my curiosity! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birth of Anima does sound different, but intriguing just the same. I like that excerpts you shared too. I may have to give this one a try. I'll wait and see what you think first though. :-)

    I didn't count the ones I have that don't work anymore. I still have those too. LOL I hate reading on my phone, but it's good in a pinch. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh. I've never heard of this one, but that cover is stunning, and that opening really catches my attention! I'm super curious now. Enjoy your reading!

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete