Translate

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want to Read Again

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 
I love re-reading books, I love noticing things I didn't the first time. It's also why I only keep books I would re-read.

Marrow Charm by Kristin Jacques - The sequel, Skin Curse, came out early November and I want to read that one too. But I want to re-read the first book again first. It's been a while since I read it so I'd like a refresher.

The Young Elites by Marie Lu - I want to do a re-read of the entire series. There were some small things I skimmed over the first time I read the first couple books, small fairytale-type bits at the start of chapters. I didn't think they were relevant, until I was reading the third book and actually read them.

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes - Another one where I want to do a re-read of the series. I had a pretty long wait between books for several reasons, so I don't feel like I got the full experience of reading the series. I forgot things between books the wait was so long for some of them.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - This one, was a book I got in a giveaway, and there was a printing error where on a page in the middle of the book there's a massive ink splotch that blocks out an entire paragraph. I was going to wait to continue after replacing the first book so I could re-read that part, it may not have been important, but still. And then the cover change happened... at this point I'm just being lazy. But I want to re-read so I can continue and finish the series.

The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black - I noticed that this book loosely ties in with the Cruel Prince trilogy while I was reading The Wicked King, so I want to re-read it to see if there are any easter eggs.

Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor - I re-read the other books in this series early this year, so I'd like to do a re-read of this book as well.

Legend by Marie Lu - After reading book four a couple months ago and reading the Graphic Novels, I really want to do a re-read of this trilogy. I haven't read it in years and I still love the characters.

5 comments:

  1. I really should read Legend sometime.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen An Ember in the Ashes on so many lists today. I really need to pick it up!

    Shaunna x
    My TTT post

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Darkest Part of the Forest would be a fun reread. I don't remember enough about it, so it would be like reading it the first time again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Easter eggs in books and have been meaning to read Holly Black for years now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for Skin Curse! :)

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway

    ReplyDelete