Translate

Monday, November 2, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Non-Bookish Hobbies

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

 I don't have many hobbies outside of reading. This is going to be a pretty short list.


1. Watching Anime -  My love of anime started in the early 2000's, with InuYasha. While not perfect, being my "gateway anime" it holds a special place in my heart. That's why it makes me sad that the sequel show has been kind of 'meh' for me.
    Some other favorites are:
- Baccano!
- Yona of the Dawn
Gurren Lagann
- Fruits Basket (2019)
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
- Snow White with the Red Hair

2. Baking -  I really love baking, which is kind of ironic because I don't really care for sweets. But my husband and my son like sweets so when I bake nothing is going to waste. But I also have to make sure I don't bake too often.

3. Creative Writing - I've been working on something for a while, but this year has really drained me of creative energy, so I haven't practiced or worked on my writing much at all this year. 

4. Video Games - I also don't play games very often, but when I find a game I enjoy I play it extensively. I still haven't completed the expansions for Witcher 3, but that's because the part where I stopped is a timed thing, and I just don't have the time to sit down and focus to do that. Hopefully I'll find time soon. 

5. Listening to music - I listen to most genres of music. Mostly instrumental lately, because it's one of the only types I can listen to while reading. If a song has lyrics I have a hard time focusing on what I'm reading. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about baking. I have a sweet tooth, so I try to only bake on occasion for the sake of my health. :)

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been into video games, but this whole pandemic thing did get me into Mario Kart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to start watching anime.. someday. I love baking as well! Listening to instrumental music is my favourite too! I listen to classical music these days while reading for some reason, I find the combo relaxing.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete