Translate

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Book Beginnings | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy #2) by Robin Hobb

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Synopsis:
    Fitz has survived his first hazardous mission as king’s assassin, but is left little more than a cripple. Battered and bitter, he vows to abandon his oath to King Shrewd, remaining in the distant mountains. But love and events of terrible urgency draw him back to the court at Buckkeep, and into the deadly intrigues of the royal family.
   Renewing their vicious attacks on the coast, the Red-Ship Raiders leave burned-out villages and demented victims in their wake. The kingdom is also under assault from within, as treachery threatens the throne of the ailing king. In this time of great danger, the fate of the kingdom may rest in Fitz’s hands—and his role in its salvation may require the ultimate sacrifice.





Book Beginning:
Why is it forbidden to write down specific knowledge of the magics?

Friday 56:
"My queen remains here." Verity used her title pointedly. "To represent my reign. And to protect my interests."








------------------------------

Book Blogger Hop

Click Here to add your link

Q: Do you read books by authors from outside your country? Any book recommendations? Also, if non-US/UK, could you name one author/book from your country? 

A:
-- I try to read books from everywhere to get more than one perspective, though I still mostly read fantasy. Though it's hard to find books that aren't US or UK published.
-- The Witcher is the only series that I've read, that wasn't published in the US or UK initially. 

10 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about Robin Hobb's novels. I haven't read this book, but I like the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read fantasy in a long time, you start to lose the taste for it. Luckily it's one of those worlds you can always return to.

    I'm from South Africa, so I read a lot of books across our borders. But here's my full post: Weekend Book Friends

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Hobb for years. I should add her books back to my stack. This week I am spotlighting A Trace of Deceit by Karen Odden - a historical mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very tempting. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy. Here's mine: “UNFOLLOW ME”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting book, and book blogger question. I don't pay a lot of attention to where the books I'm sent to read originated. So they probably are mostly U.S. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snippet of the book that you provided here REALLY makes me want to read it. As others here have said, I've heard good things about Hobb's work. *Adds to reading list*

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hubby and myself would both go for this one! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin Hobb is an author I've always wanted to read. Good writer? My Friday Quotes are here

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read anything by this author.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of these days I need to start in on Robin Hobb.

    ReplyDelete