Translate

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Friday 50/50 | Blogger Hop || Her Majesty's Necromancer (The Ministry of Curiosities #2) by C.J. Archer || Best/Worst Read of August

 

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.




Synopsis:
    When bodies go missing from the cemetery, Lincoln and the Ministry of Curiosities investigate. But not Charlie. As a housemaid at Lichfield Towers, she doesn't get involved in Ministry business.
    Instead, she conducts investigations of her own. She searches for details about her real mother, and makes inquiries into Lincoln's background. What she learns has the power to destroy the fragile trust they've built, or bring them closer together.
    As secrets are revealed, and investigations don't go as planned, Charlie finds her necromancy sucking her into a whirlpool filled with betrayal, lies and danger.






Book Beginning:
London, Autumn 1889
"Put your arm around me," I told Lincoln Fitzroy

Friday 56:
I thought he'd walked off, but then he sat on the edge of the table beside me. "Will you allow me to give you some advice."


(It appears that I forgot to finish the '56' quote.)

--------------------------------------

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  This has recently been retired. Here is her post explaining the situation.

The last topic, Best/Worst Read of August
 I'll probably still end up doing this topic in particular at the end of each month


Favorite
I am a super-fan for Laini Taylor's books.


Least
Oh, I hope I don't get flack for this.
There was some mutilation involving eyes at the very start of the book that I wasn't expecting and it kind of threw me off a little for the rest of the read. 
Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to love about this book. It was just that spoiled my reading experience.

--------------------------------------
Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link


Q: What book or books are you going to read on Labor Day weekend? 

A: I'm just hoping to finish the books I'm already reading. It's been a hectic reading week for me. 

6 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “FINAL CUT”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I love the sound of Her Majesty's Necromancer! it sounds like something I would really enjoy!

    I've always wanted to try Laini Taylor. I am glad you enjoy her books!

    I hope you have a great weekend. Happy Reading, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The C. J. Archer book sounds good. I'll have to look for the first in the series. This week I am spotlighting Nightshade by M. L. Huie - a historical mystery from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give 'em what????? Happy Labor Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I finished typing that. Where is my brain?... either way, it's fixed now.

      Delete