Translate

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Friday 50/50 | Blogger Hop || Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor || Favorite/Least Favorite Funny Character

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Synopsis:
    Three tales of supernatural love, each pivoting on a kiss that is no mere kiss, but an action with profound consequences for the kissers' souls:
    Goblin Fruit
In Victorian times, goblin men had only to offer young girls sumptuous fruits to tempt them to sell their souls. But what does it take to tempt today's savvy girls?
    Spicy Little Curses
A demon and the ambassador to Hell tussle over the soul of a beautiful English girl in India. Matters become complicated when she falls in love and decides to test her curse.
    Hatchling
Six days before Esme's fourteenth birthday, her left eye turns from brown to blue. She little suspects what the change heralds, but her small safe life begins to unravel at once. What does the beautiful, fanged man want with her, and how is her fate connected to a mysterious race of demons?






Book Beginning: 
There is a certain kind of girl the goblins crave.

Friday 56: 
"Why?" asked Esme, looking at her dirty fingers. She found the sensation of the ashes unpleasant.

--------------------------------------

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  This has recently been retired. Here is her post explaining the situation.

This week's topic is Favorite/Least Favorite Funny Character.

Favorite
Simon Lewis, Shadowhunter series'
Mostly uses sarcasm and puns, like I do.

Least Favorite
Weasley Twins, Harry Potter series
Not that they aren't funny, just their humor didn't always work for me.

--------------------------------------


Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link


Q: Have you ever read a book that was suggested by another blogger? 

A: That's where I get about half my want-to-read books from, is what other bloggers suggest.


6 comments:

  1. It's been a lot of years since I read LIPS TOUCH but I don't even recognize the quotes, how odd. I am a fan of Laini Taylor though.He writing is so exemplary. My book LEAVING TIME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Lips Touch, but I haven't read it. I have read some of Laini Taylor's other books, and from the description this one seems just as interesting as the others. I also like the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting! I may have to add this one to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting read... very interesting.... Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the format, three separate stories with a common thread. I'm intrigued.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm adding this to my tbr right now.

    Simon is one of my favorites too. :)

    ReplyDelete