Translate

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Freebie - Historical Settings I'd Love To See

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
Still rubbish at picking my own topics, so I chose one from the past, that I apparently did but in a different way. If you want to check it out, you can here.
This is going to be less put together than I usually am, some of the stress of stuff is starting to get to me a little more lately. 
_____

British Isles pre-Roman invasion - 
Most of the historical fiction is post-Roman influence (Medieval, Victorian.. etc). And they had a lot of influence for what happened to that country. One of my favorite movies is the Clive Owen King Arthur movie from the early 2000's. It was a different perspective of the British Isles that hasn't been seen as much. 


Ancient Egyptian From Egyptian Perspective
I can't think of any books that show that perspective. All that I know of show it from a western perspective.


Medevil East European -
There might be a lot of these books that are very popular in those countries, much like Witcher was before the games got popular which drew attention to the books more globally. And, aside from some retellings that I've read (Winternight Trilogy, which takes place in Russia), there aren't many I can think of.


Americas Pre-Europe - 
I would love to see something, a fantasy, an adventure, anything, about what this content before Europe found it. There just seems that there could be some stories to tell.  

_____
I honestly can't think of anymore right now.

5 comments:

  1. Books are an excellent way to travel vicariously! I'm sorry you are feeling stressed out - hope that you will find an exceptional book to escape into soon!

    My TTT: https://mamaneedsabook.blogspot.com/2020/07/next-up-classics.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a topic! It would be cool to read a story about Ancient Egypt from an Egyptian perspective.
    Here's my TTT list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of seeing America pre- Europe. Definitely agree! Same with pre- roman Britain. I would love to see more of both for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would all be really interesting historical settings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I would love to see ancient places. Or places before they were invaded/colonized/modernized.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete