Translate

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Got Me Into Reading

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

So this week's topic is supposed to be 'Books That Make Me Happy/Smile', and this topic feels too similar to favorite books to me. So, I'm going to do a different topic. 
These are some of the earliest (chapter) books I can remember reading. Most of these books were read somewhere between 3rd and 7th grade. I don't remember exactly when I read most of them as everything before age 12 kind of blurs together for me at this point in my life.


_______


I used to have a boxset of the whole series, not sure what happened to it though. I don't even remember if I read all of them, I know I read at least half.

-----


I remember nothing that happened in this book, only that 3rd grade me loved it.

----


When I say I was obsessed with this series, I mean obsessed. I probably read at least half the series, I watched the early 90's TV show, I watched the 1995 movie. At some point around 6th or so, I felt like I "too old" to read the books, probably because none of my friends I had at the time were readers, nor had read the series and I succumbed to the peer pressure to stop reading "childish" books.

-----


I read these out of order because I got them from the school library and I don't think they had all the books, there are about 30 books total. I don't even know if I read the first book, but I do remember reading this one. My goal is to buy the whole Nancy Drew series and read them.

-----


This was one of the first books I read for school. We read it as a class, or closer to the teacher read it to us as we followed along in our own books. But I was hooked to this story. 

-----


Another book we read as a class in I, think 3rd grade. This was the first time I realized a book could destroy you.

-----


I read this in middle school, around 7th grade. Then I read every Fear Street book my school's library had. I could never get into the Goosebumps books though.

-----


This book got be back into reading. I read this in high school. After years of required reading, I hadn't fully enjoyed reading until I read this during my freshman year of high school. I tried re-reading it last year, but I wasn't in the headspace to so I didn't really enjoy it, I might try again though after things settle a bit for me.

3 comments:

  1. The entire Little House series was lovely.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see Little House and BSC on your list! They made me smile.
    Here's my TTT list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a magical age for reading, I think. I know I read some of the Little House books around that time too. Those covers are still very nostalgic for me. :)

    There's something about the Nancy Drew books too. that sounds like a fun project. I read a few of the Hardy Boys books a few years ago for the blog and it was fun! I bet Nancy Drew would be as well.

    ReplyDelete