Translate

Friday, March 27, 2020

Book Beginnings | Friday 56 | Friday 50/50 | Blogger Hop || Queen of Coin and Whispers by Helen Corcoran || Best/Worst Bookish Vampire Mythology

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.



Synopsis:
'She loved me as I loved her, fierce as a bloodied blade.’
  When teenage queen Lia inherits her corrupt uncle’s bankrupt kingdom, she brings a new spymaster into the fold ... Xania, who takes the job to avenge her murdered father.
  Faced with dangerous plots and hidden enemies, can Lia and Xania learn to rely on each another, as they discover that all is not fair in love and treason?
  In a world where the throne means both power and duty, they must decide what to sacrifice for their country – and for each other.





Book Beginning:
The Sheep were undeniably dead. As I examined what the wolves had left behind, and tried not to panic, new footsteps stamped through the frozen grass.


Friday 56:
The Queen storming through the corridors commanded respect -- or fear. Nobles scrambled out of my way. No one made eye contact.







*   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

This week's topic is Favorite and Least Favorite Vampire Mythology


Favorite
I need to re-read this.


Least
Yeah, not Twilight. I actually like that way more than I did this series.
Granted I didn't finish the books but I watched the whole series, didn't really like that either and the show diverged from the books pretty early on. Either way didn't care for the myth of how they came to be (show version, don't know how it was explained if it was in the books I only read 5.)



*   *   *   *   *


Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q:  Share a photo of one section of your bookshelf randomly selected or go ahead and share the entire bookshelf. 

A: Forgive the angle this is a shelf above my desk and I didn't really feel like standing. I just started Immortal Reign, so it's not on the shelf.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an epic read!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Queen of Coin and Whispers - it sounds so good! Ooh, I loved The Coldest Girl in Coldtown.
    Have a good weekend.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve still never read The Coldest Girl, but I really need to!

    Hope you have a safe and happy week!

    ReplyDelete