Translate

Friday, March 20, 2020

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Friday 50/50 | Blogger Hop || Little Birds: A collection of short stories by Hannah Lee Kidder || Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About Blogging

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Well, things have been hectic. Energetic small child, school is canceled until the end of April, me trying to get him to do any kind of school-ish work during the break, hasn't given me that much time to read. When I finish one of the books I am currently reading (almost done with one of them) this is going to be my next read.

Synopsis:
  Little Birds is a collection of glimpses into some of the darkest corners of our lives–the lies we tell ourselves, the ways we hurt others, the painful truths we pretend to face. Each story is a raw, unflinchingly human experience. Content warning: Wolverine Frogs contains adult themes, sexual assault, and PTSD.





Book Beginning:
  Waking up every day to that goddamn shrilling tea kettle shooting steam into our kitchen, adding to the ever-gowing smear on the kitchen ceiling.

Friday 56:
  The shutters look freshly painted in the porch light.







*   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

I've missed the last couple. This week's topic is: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About Blogging


Favorite
Talking with others about books, even if we don't always agree, I still enjoy hearing people's opinions about books.


Least
The pressure I often feel to post reviews. When I first started blogging was I reading a couple of books a week. I started to have less time to read, but I was still trying to maintain that posting schuedle but wasn't able to, so I felt bad that I wasn't posting as often as I used to. Even though I had almost no followers.

*   *   *   *   *   *


Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: If you could add one interactive feature to reading books, what would it be?

A: How to pronounce names of places and people while I'm reading. 


6 comments:

  1. Love those snippets! So down to earth! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quotes. Enjoy your current read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to pronounce would be a great addition to reading! The book sections from Little Birds make the book sound like inside the house, not out with the birds. Curious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to interact with other book lovers. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea about the pronunciation guide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My reading as slowed down as well, so while I used to post nearly every single back at the start, my posting has really really slowed down!

    Thanks for linking up! I hope you're having a great weekend and are staying safe!

    ReplyDelete