Translate

Monday, December 16, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Winter TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

Not counting the books I am currently reading, I have a lot of books I want to get through this winter. Hopefully, I can resit the library and just read the ones I own. This list is in no particular order, mood reading!

1. Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett - I "started" this book weeks ago. And by started I mean I set it next to my keyboard with every intention of reading it but never picked it up until yesterday. 

2. The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May - Since I am nearly done with the second book, and I have this one on my Kindle, I hope I can get to it and through it soon.

3. Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake - I started this one, then set it down and haven't gotten back to it yet.

4. Immortal Reign by Morgan Rhodes - It's the last book in the series, I've had it for almost a year. I would love to add another series to my "completed" shelf.

5. Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas - I just want to get through this one. Not looking forward to it, I don't like Chaol as a character. And even though I've heard from other people who also don't like his character that this book is actually pretty good, I just don't know how much I care about his character to read 600 pages from his POV. I'm gonna read it, and at this point, it's kind of "let's get this over with", deal.

6. Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi - I got this last week in the mail. It's the first book I've ever pre-ordered. I am SO EXCITED to read this. 

7. The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey - I might need to re-read or skim the first book, The Girl at Midnight, before reading this one. I read the first book back in 2015, so it's been a while.

8-10. Dragons of Wild by Ava Richardson - I have a bind-up of this trilogy on my Kindle. The first book is Dragons of Wild. I've had them for a while and would like to get through them. Apparently, there is a reading order as all her series' are connected. But since the first book I've read by her was further down the timeline, it's a kind of pointless for me to bother with that at this point.

8 comments:

  1. I've been curious about some of Elizabeth May's books, but haven't ever read one of them. Hope you enjoy all of these winter TBR reads, Marie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tower of Dawn is amazing and one of my favorite books in the series.

    My TTT
    https://thereadingrebel.wordpress.com/2019/12/17/top-ten-tuesday-winter-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Tower of Dawn. I hope it's better than you expect. I hope you get the chance to read all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list, Tower of Dawn seems to be getting rave reviews on your comments. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2019/12/ttt-winter-tbr-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mood reading is the best! I hope you're in the mood for all of these this winter!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these yet, but they all sound amazing! Happy Reading! :)
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to read Onyx and Ivory but just haven't gotten to it yet. It is still on my list though, I love the sound of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like such a good seasonal TBR with lots of fantasy. I love reading fantasy during the colder months :)

    ReplyDelete