Translate

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Friday 50/50 | Blogger Hop | Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire #1) by Mark Lawrence || Book VS E-Reader


Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Synopsis:
   When he was nine, he watched as his mother and brother were killed before him. At thirteen, he led a band of bloodthirsty thugs. By fifteen, he intends to be king…
   It’s time for Prince Honorous Jorg Ancrath to return to the castle he turned his back on, to take what’s rightfully his. Since the day he hung pinned on the thorns of a briar patch and watched Count Renar’s men slaughter his mother and young brother, Jorg has been driven to vent his rage. Life and death are no more than a game to him—and he has nothing left to lose. But treachery awaits him in his father’s castle. Treachery and dark magic. No matter how fierce his will, can one young man conquer enemies with power beyond his imagining?






Book Beginning:
Ravens! Always the ravens.

Friday 56:
I had to admit she was good at her game. It wouldn't go well for them if my plan worked, and it wouldn't go well for them if they tried to stop us.









*   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

This week is eBooks vs. Physical books.

And honestly, it depends. I used to say Physical only, but since most of my books these days come from either NetGalley or the Library, I say it's a fair split. I guess, I prefer to own physical books, but I don't really have the physical space for all the books I want to own, so I own more eBooks than physical ones.

*   *   *   *   *



Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link



Q: Is there a specific genre you like to read during the Winter?

A: Not really, since 90% of what I read is some kind of Fantasy.



8 comments:

  1. I have heard of the Prince of Thorns. I like the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I'm so there with you, there is no possible way all the books I want would fit into my apartment! It's already getting to be too much. I used to be solidly in favour of physical books, but my Kindle makes everything easier and makes me feel ok about my hoarding! I hope you have a lovely weekend and do drop by my Friday Post if you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same! I want to own so many more books than I have the room for. I've already got three full size book shelves and two mini ones... but on my kindle, I have so much room it's not even funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this bok on my GR list. I hope you love it! Happy Friday the 13th weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I've seen this around, and was deciding whether I wanted to read it or not. I love that beginning. Darn ravens! The snippet sounds like fun, too. Guess they're just screwed either way.

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you about e-books v print books. I used to hate the whole idea of ebooks, but they are very convenient when traveling and I love being able to underline and have the the underlines be saved for me on Goodreads. My quotes from THE DUTCH HOUSE

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are tempting me with Prince of Thorns. The opening and 56 excerpt make it sound so promising. I hope it is! I used to be reluctant about switching to e-reads but now read them almost exclusively. They are so convenient for many reasons . . . I do sometimes try to read holiday themed books mixed in with my other reads this time of year, but, but, other than that, that is the extent of what someone might call seasonal reading. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book - I need to continue this series. :)

    ReplyDelete