Translate

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Review: The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen

Title: The Secret of Ella and Micha
Author: Jessica Sorensen
Series: The Secret #1
Genre: New Adult/Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: February 12th, 2013
Edition: Kindle Edition, 320 pages
Source: Library





Synopsis:
  Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.
  Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home.
  Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. If Micha tries to tempt the old her back, she knows that it will be hard to resist.
  Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he’s determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes.

Review:

So, I read the sequel series that's about their daughter before reading this, so I already know they have a happily ever after. But, it's still nice to read how they got there and what they went through because the sequel series just eludes they went through a rough time to get there and I wanted to read about that.

Micha is not exactly what I was expecting him to be like as a young adult. His adult character is very different. But that also makes sense.  Most people are very different as an adult compared to how they are when they were 18/19. I just wasn't expecting him to be the cliche of being in love with one girl but sleeping with an endless parade of other girls to distract them until the girl they supposedly love is ready to be with them. I just think it's a tired trope, and when a girl isn't as bothered by that I think they should be I get a little annoyed. It makes me feel that they don't value themselves when they aren't more bothered by it. That's just a personal opinion though. I still liked his character, for the most part, some of his issues helped me understand in part why he behaved the way he did.

Ella, I really liked her character. Her inner struggles I had a lot of sympathy for. Witnessing something like that, then facing blame from not only others but from one's self can be rough. I understood why she felt the need to change, but she also bottled things up and ignored what happened rather than try and seek help for it. 

I did feel like this was only half a book, there wasn't really a big conflict for the characters to overcome. The conflict that was present in this book was resolved fairly quickly. Since I know they end up together and have a happy life, I am actually kind of excited to read more and to see how they overcome their tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment