Translate

Monday, October 21, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’d Give Different Titles To

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And moved to That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

I wasn't really sure how this was supposed to work. I generally am okay with how books are titled. Giving a title to anything is my least favorite part of writing. I never know how to give either a chapter or a story a title that doesn't sound a little bit dumb. (To me anyway, they might sound fine to other people). So I just borrowed a hint from another blog I follow. 



***
How does anybody function always connected to VR?

Seriously, how?

***

Everybody is a jerk and deserves to be in jail

I have seriously never read a book before where nobody is even remotely likable.

***

The real historical account is more interesting.

Mary Read was a real person, this book made her seem boring. She was a badass.

***

A Cinderella retelling that isn't cliche.

Also, she's a witch.

***

Pretends to be a retelling of Romeo and Juliet, but is about 100% more boring. 

Romeo and Juliet barely interact for most of the book.

***

The antagonist is Carnivorous Corn.
(one of  them anyway)

That's all I remember, and I hate this book for that. I still get a little angry when I remember. It's the easiest villain to defeat, burn it.

***

No Ravens can be found while reading this book

I avoided reading this book/series for years because I thought it was about boys who could shapeshift into ravens.

***

Not a Thriller, the MC is an idiot with Stockholm syndrome.

Honest to god, I only finished this book because I wanted to know if the MC died.

***

Robot Bees

I remember really liking this book. It's been a while since I've read it though.

***

8 comments:

  1. I loved Raven Boys and didn't think it was about shapeshifting until I read your comment and now I see it. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such snark! I love it haha.
    I found this prompt hard because I generally am fine with titles. I had to go back over 5 years to do mine.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carnivorous corn? I'd never heard of such a thing. How interesting. :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing over you Fallen Crest title. They were all jerks, weren't they? Addictive jerks, though.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had such a hard time with this week's theme I did something else instead!
    My Top Ten Tuesday!
    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made some good changes by letting the title give your critique. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post today! It reminded me of the Honest Trailers my husband likes to watch. My NaNoWriMo19 book is still "NaNoWriMo19 Book". Because Untitled is already taken, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you did this haha! :) And "Everybody Is A Jerk and Deserves To Be in Jail"- love it! Also, I have to admit Robot Bees has me SUPER curious now!

    ReplyDelete