Translate

Friday, August 30, 2019

Friday 56 and Book Beginning: Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2) by Laini Taylor || Friday 50/50: Favorite/Least Favorite Abstract Cover

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


On to the second book for my re-read! I love this trilogy so much.

Synopsis:
  Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war.
This is not that world.
  Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is—and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it.
  In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days of Blood & Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as an age-old war stirs back to life.
  While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle: a battle for redemption. For hope.
  But can any hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream?



Book Beginning:
  Prague, early May. The sky weighed gray over fairy-tale rooftops, and all the world watching. Satellites had even been tasked to surveil the Charles Bridge, in case the... visitors.. returned. Strange things had happened in this city before, but not this strange. At least, not since video existed to prove it. Or to milk it.

Friday 56:
Even before they smelled smoke or saw the lick of fire, Madrigal and Akiva were jolted by the screams of the evangelines.


*   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

This week's topic is Favorite/Least Favorite Abstract Cover. 

Favorite




Least




8 comments:

  1. I have wanted to read this series for some time now. Is it as good this time around? I hope so! Enjoy. 😊

    I like both your covers for the 50/50. I think I'd pick the Dark Matter cover as my favorite of the two too though.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laini Taylor is a word wizard in my opinion. Her writing is just... phenomenal

      Delete
  2. This has reminded me that I need to read on in this series! I love Laini Taylor's writing, but somehow I've only read the first of Karou's stories.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark Matter is a wicked cover! I love it!

    Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read the first book. Happy Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the first book in this series but never got any further. Hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! I need to finish this series still! Thanks for reminding me and for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, oh oh. I love the Daughter of Smoke and Bones series. I love Laini Taylor's imagination and writing. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete