Translate

Monday, July 29, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Freebie - Books I've Had on My TBR the Longest

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And moved to That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
These are books that I have had on my Goodreads Want-to-Read list the longest, and at this point will likely never read.

The Ambassador's Mission by Trudi Canavan - Added April of 2013. I haven't even bothered to check if my library has it.

A Dance of Cloaks by David Dalglish - Added August 2013. Also never checked if my library has it.

Scourge of the Betrayer by Jeff Salyards - 2013 seemed to be the year of *Add a thousand books you'll never read* October 2013. Seriously all these books still sound really interesting too.

The Alchemist of Souls by Anne Lyle - Another from October 2013

The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks - There seems to be a theme to these books... other than them being added in 2013. They are all books about assassins and magic of some kind. Added in October 2013.

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde - Finally past the 2013 mark. This one was added April 2014. With this one, I don't have the excuse of not owning it. Because I do. I even bought a nice "fancy" leatherbound edition from Barnes and Noble.

Geist by Philippa Ballantine - So, this one still sounds super interesting. And I really want to read it. I just know deep down I most likely never will. Added September 2014

Firebug by Lish McBride - This one, I don't know why it's still in my want to read list. It's a vampire book, and I haven't been into Vampire books for a long time. It's a tired trope. Also added September 2014.

Shimmer by Paula Weston - This one, I have a better excuse. It was really hard to find this book when it first came out. I won the first book in Goodreads giveaway (this is the third book) I think I got the second book from NetGalley. I think it had/has a limited publication or something. My library does have the books in this series, but it's also been years since I read the second book. And I don't really feel like reading the first two again just to read this one. And I don't know if I care anymore. This is one of those books about Angels, or Fallen Angels, I don't remember which. It was during the Angel craze. Added September 2014.

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - I think after I read a different book by Meagan Spooner that was just 'meh' for me, (book one of Skylard trilogy) I kind of lost interest but still had a "maybe someday" mentality for it. November 2014.


  I have SO many more that I'll probably never read, and these are some of the oldest books. There are a couple I left off the list because, they are either not out yet,(Cassie Clare's Shadowhunter books were announced forever ago and I added them way back then). And there are some that I do have plans on reading. Some of Laini Taylor's older books are really hard to find. The Faeries of Dreamdark, for example, are nearly impossible to find.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you find copies of all of these books soon.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Picture of Dorian Gray. I hope you get a chance to read it someday. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picture of Dorian Gray is good, and not too long...worth it, if you find the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you ever get around to any of these in the future I hope you enjoy! If not, happy reading elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete