Translate

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Mid-Year Book Freak Out 2019

So, I've seen this all over Booktube all month. I did this tag only once before back in 2017, and after seeing this over at Lauren @ Always Me, I was inspired to do it again.
This tag was originally created by ReadLikeWildFire and Ely Jayne. (All the Links I can find for them don't work, so I'm not going to link anything. Seems pointless if they don't work.)

1. Best book you've read so far in 2019.
The Savior's Champion by Jenna Moreci is one of those books, that kind of takes you by surprise. There is so much about this book that is underrated, and underused in Fantasy. 
This is an Adult Fantasy. 

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2019.
The Rose Society picks up not too long after the events of the first book, and it was a rollercoaster of a book. I had this book on my shelf for too long. I bought it shortly after it came out.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
The Wicked King by Holly Black - I plan on waiting for Queen of Nothing to come out before I tackle this book. I don't want to wait again.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Children of Vitrue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi - It doesn't come out until December, but I can't wait. This being the first book I have ever pre-ordered goes to show how excited I am for it. 

5. Biggest disappointment.
  Bright Smoke, Cold Fire is supposed to be a retelling of Romeo and Juliet (with zombies) but all that happened was every character just kept walking around moping and complaining. I ended up not being able to finish it. This book had so much potential. I have read other books by Hodge and those were really enjoyable, but this one was just full of insufferable characters.

6. Biggest surprise.
Sea Witch By Sarah Henning ended up being the Little Mermaid retelling I didn't know I was looking for.

7. Favorite new author (debut or new to you).


Jenna Moreci -  She also does writing videos.

8. Newest fictional crush.
Don't have one. But my new favorite Fictional Couple is Tobias and Leila.

9. Newest favorite character.
It's a pair,(is that cheating?) Kaelan and Lasaro from The Alveria Dragon Akademy series - They are complete equals in this series. And it's really great seeing a romance bloom between two people who treat each other like a true partnership.

10. Book that made you cry.

The Midnight Star by Marie Lu - I am currently reading this but am also really close to the end. A certain character dies, and I wasn't expecting to be as upset as I was by it. I had tears in my eyes, but none fell. That's the closest I was to crying over a book this year.

11. Book that made you happy.
Life After Legend is a short story from Day(Daniel's POV). I love this series so much.

12. Best book to film adaptation?
I haven't read the Manga of Fruits Basket but I am really enjoying the 2019 anime. It's so cute.

13. Favorite post you have done this year?
I haven't been posting much lately. So I can't think of one.

14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received).

15. What books do you need to read by the end of this year?
Too many to mention. I have knocked out a few of my unread books in the past year, I have acquired more. I had 11 unread books, completed 5, 2 I didn't read and unhauled, and now I have 9 unread (physical) books that I own.

1 comment:

  1. The Young Elites series is one of my favorites - and I totally feel you on the misty eyes during the finale.

    ReplyDelete