Translate

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Friday 56 and Book Beginning: The Midnight Star (The Young Elites #3) by Marie Lu || Friday 50/50: Best/Worst Beach Read

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


So, the past couple of weeks have been kind of hectic for me. Summer break started, and I went to the Renaissance Faire the past two weekends, and just kind of forgot to make posts for this. Got some cool stuff. The first weekend without planning, I got a Cloak, a Leather-bound book, and a Wand. And last weekend I got another leather-bound book because why not, and a really cool Daggar. I have pictures on my Instagram if anyone wants to have a look. 

Synopsis:
There was once a time when darkness shrouded the world, and the darkness had a queen.
   Adelina Amouteru is done suffering. She’s turned her back on those who have betrayed her and achieved the ultimate revenge: victory. Her reign as the White Wolf has been a triumphant one, but with each conquest her cruelty only grows. The darkness within her has begun to spiral out of control, threatening to destroy all she’s gained.
   When a new danger appears, Adelina’s forced to revisit old wounds, putting not only herself at risk, but every Elite. In order to preserve her empire, Adelina and her Roses must join the Daggers on a perilous quest—though this uneasy alliance may prove to be the real danger.



Book Beginning:
I have had the same nightmare for the past month. Every night, without fail.


Friday 56:
"You look well enough," I say. I til my head slightly at him. "Less filthy than when I last visited you. You've been eating and drinking." There were several weeks when he refused all food, when I thought he might intentionally starve himself to death. But he's still here.




*   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

This week: Best/Worst Beach Read
I honestly have no idea. The beaches in Oregon are mostly cold. Even during the summer, they aren't really beaches you'd want to go swim at. Lots of rocks.

I also wouldn't want to take any books to the beach, lest they get wet or a bunch of sand in them.


7 comments:

  1. Sounds great, I really need to catch up with this author's work. Seems a shame to miss out.

    Here's my Friday post Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hate to live next to a beach that's always cold and you can't get into. I mean that's horrible! It would be torture to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this one!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't begun this series yet. It sounds interesting. This week I am featuring Call It What You Want by Brigid Kemmerer. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the first part and thought, "No fair!" I want to know more about what she is dreaming about already. I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had fun at the Ren Faire. Hope you're enjoying the continuation of this series.

    ReplyDelete