Translate

Monday, March 11, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Standalone Books That Need a Sequel

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And moved to That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.



I don't read many Stand-alone books, but that's mostly because there are many, or they are really hard to find, stand-alone books in the Fantasy Genre.
This list is in no particular order.




Owl Eyes: A Fairy Tale by Molly Lazer - This is a Cinderella re-telling, using many different versions of the tale, creating a very unique story. Things were wrapped up, but considering some things (that are spoilers, so I'm not going to say) I feel that there could be more story to tell.







The Goblins of Bellwater by Molly Ringle - Also, the story at hand was nicely ended, but I just think there is more to be explored with this book and the setting.







Freeks by Amanda Hocking - There are enough side characters each with their own unique personalities that there could be more books that focus on them.


Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge - My favorite Rosamund Hodge book. It might not need more, but I want it.








Eve & Adam by Michael Grant,  Katherine Applegate - This book had a pretty open ending. And while there is a prequel novella listed on Goodreads, I don't think it will answer any of the questions I had when I finished this book.







Puppet by Pauline C. Harris - I just had some unanswered questions. And the setting is both weird and interesting.








The Assassins of Tamurin by S.D. Tower - It doesn't need to be an exact sequel, but maybe more stories about/from the assassin school. 
I also haven't read this in years, and I want to re-read it.






Plus One by Elizabeth Fama - Another book that had a very open ending. I recently donated this book, after I realized that I was keeping it mostly because that cover is gorgeous. It was really good, but I didn't plan on re-reading it so I passed it along. It also had a prequel novella, but meh, not what I want.
(but seriously, that cover is gorgeous)





Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay - I just want more of this world.






The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - I felt the ending was a little open, and wanted to know more about the aftermath. 

8 comments:

  1. THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN. Yes. Good choice. My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had Princess of Thorns for a few years now and still haven't picked it up. I'm guessing I should!

    www.tbrandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've just reminded me that I was interested in Eve & Adam. Great list. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these yet. Sometimes I'll write fanfiction when a story has a loose end or two I'd like to see explored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to see a sequel or spin- off to Freeks. I agree, there are lots of characters there to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Owl Eyes sounds like a good read.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read Princess of Thorns - I've heard amazing things!

    My TTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of these, but I'll take your word for it that they need a sequel. I hope to read that Holly Black book one day. I've heard great things!

    ReplyDelete