Translate

Monday, March 4, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And moved to That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

While thinking on this topic, I realized that unless I have all the skills, knowledge, and power that the character has, I would last, optimistically, a week in their shoes. So, I am doing a HUGE throwback (August 24, 2010) to a very old Top Ten Tuesday. 



Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson - I've been meaning to. I just keep getting distracted by new books. I have the library, so I don't even have that much of an excuse.

Blackbringer by Laini Taylor - I have had this book on my 'Want to Read' list since 2014. Now, this one I have a better excuse. For a long time, I couldn't find it anywhere. It wasn't on Amazon or anything. But very recently I saw it on Amazon, so I plan on getting it soon. 

The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher -  I read the first book, years ago. But it was shortly after the show had ended and I watched the show before I read the book. I think enough time has passed since I've seen the show so I should be able to enjoy the book more. (The show wasn't very good. The only good thing was who was cast to play Harry Dresden, Paul Blackthorne)

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde - I want to, and I bought a really nice leatherbound Barnes and Noble edition for my husband when his old paperback started falling apart. It's on a shelf not even 2-feet from me. I can pick it up right now, I just haven't yet.

Dracula by Bram Stoker - Another one where I spent money on a nice edition, but never picked it up. I used to live practically across the street from a Barnes and Noble (It barely a 5-minute walk), so I was just buying nice (mostly paperback) editions of classic novels.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll - Another that I have on my shelf. What is my problem... I have no reason to not read this. 

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum -  With this one, I think I did read it. When I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I remember being mildly obsessed with this series when I was in grade school, and I vaguely remember reading a few books in this series. But 3rd grade was... over 20 years ago for me at this point. So I might as well start the series over. This is the last book I bought a nice edition of then never read.

The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman - This is another one where I saw the adaptation first. But I didn't even know there were books, I found out why a little later on why I had never heard of the books. Apparently, Pullman is an atheist, and growing up in a very religious home would have made this series a no-no for me as a kid.

Saga by Brian K. Vaughan - This one, my reason is that I was waiting for all three hardcover bind-ups to be out. And I think they are now. So I don't have much excuse anymore, other than being cheap.

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - I have had this on my list to read, for a long time as well. And, well I have a library... so no reason not read this either.

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved The Dresden Files but I agree that the show wasn't great.

    My TTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Dresden Files either.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started The Picture of Dorien Grey but never finished it. Maybe someday...

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read The Scorpio Races, too. I loved Alice in Wonderland and The Golden Compass when I was a preteen.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only book I've read on this list is Alice in Wonderland! It's really good. :D

    My TTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dresden Files are hands down one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saga is fabulous, but I also don't blame you for waiting- I kind of wish I waited to buy them for the hardcovers, but then also like you said, expensive! The Scorpio Races I enjoyed too- very atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete